Kia Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
151 Posts
Ive got a 22 also and could not have said it better myself. It just about feels like it’s going to stall sometimes.

I’ve put 12k miles on it already since I bought it 6 months ago and I haven’t quite yet mastered backing out of the driveway in the morning while it is cold and the engine is naturally revving on top of it. I always feel like it’s jerking back as I put in into drive and I have to keep reminding myself that this is normal and I am not hurting it.

I get what people say about it taking awhile to get used to the “lunge” forward from stop lights, drive thru’s, carwash, etc but that doesn’t really bother me anymore I just had to kind of train myself on the feel.
Mattbelow said "haven’t quite yet mastered backing out of the driveway in the morning while it is cold and the engine is naturally revving on top of it"

On any car, but particularly these, always warm it up at least until the RPMs drop to more or less normal before driving it after startup. I say that being from a cold climate BTW, and I know that takes a bit of time.

My $.02 😁

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey guys & gals...again, it would be helpful to know if your `22 Sorento is FWD or AWD. (Please note the title of this thread)

No one has mentioned that in their posts (although it`s mentioned in a few profiles).

I'm trying to find out if these DCT problems are limited to AWD`s....So far, with the limited info that's been posted, it seems like that.
Folks who have posted already, can you "repost" and indicate FWD or AWD?

·
Registered
‘22 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
2 Posts
Hey guys & gals...again, it would be helpful to know if your `22 Sorento is FWD or AWD. (Please note the title of this thread)

No one has mentioned that in their posts (although it`s mentioned in a few profiles).

I'm trying to find out if these DCT problems are limited to AWD`s....So far, with the limited info that's been posted, it seems like that.
Mine is the “X-Line” so AWD

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-line AWD
27 Posts

Just received my 22' lemon replacement that's AWD so I'll keep updating if I have any issues. My 21' that failed was an AWD though.

I wouldn't have considered getting this in FWD(with the turbo model at least) though at the same time if you're trying to avoid AWD. Check out link below and fast forward to 22:40. He's not the first on reviews that I saw prior to purchasing that have said this and that tire chirping and wheelspin was very frequent even if you're trying to take it easy.

·
Registered
22 Sorento SX-P PHEV Silky Silver
108 Posts
I have been following the thread here titled: "2021 Kia Sorento transmission failed", and many of the posts list some pretty serious DCT transmission problems.

I`ve been thinking about making a move on one, but these issues scare the heck out of me.

Are there any 2022 owners out there experiencing the same problems, or has Kia solved them?

Lets hear from the 2022 owners....good or bad.
A bit off topic, but your signature says you're interested in the PHEV. It uses a traditional 6 speed automatic, so no worries about a DCT giving you problems. ;)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts