Kia Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's a bit surprising, my 2020 SX has the separate A/C controls for the 3rd row, I didn't realize they didn't have that for the 2021 models! It is a bit puzzling why they left out so many of the desirable features for the 2021 models.
According to the handbook, cars with 3 zone AC have a larger capacity (and thus presumably more expensive) compressor so let's assume it was excluded on the basis of cost saving / profit maximization - like the rest of the exclusions.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
474 Posts
I know they have a separate evaporator coil and fan, so I presume that the compressor would be bigger as you say. Since I've only had it since early November, I haven't had a chance to test any A/C yet, the heat works great. :)

·
Registered
2021 Sorento S
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I second DenverBrian, you were being kinda rude.

I have an S trim. It's mostly the wife's car. Wish it had the turbo engine. The 191 ponies under the hood are pretty quickly sapped at highway speeds. Otherwise, nice car. Ours has the panoramic roof, which I must have or else the whole car feels like a cave, long and dark. Don't love the black wheels, but they're fine.
Mine fly's alone at 70 MPH with the GDI engine (Non-Turbo) with power to spare. That is with 3 people in the car. Might be the elevation in Denver.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine fly's alone at 70 MPH with the GDI engine (Non-Turbo) with power to spare. That is with 3 people in the car. Might be the elevation in Denver.
Altitude really does hit naturally aspirated engines more than many people might expect. Both my cars are turbos for a reason.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
474 Posts
I live at sea level, and my V6 has plenty of power for the highway, it'll go way faster than I'll ever want to go! :D

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorrento S
4 Posts
For the value of 33k before TTL with the pano roof included I am happy with the purchase we did adding onto the cars we have. I saw no point in going to the higher trims just to spend more for no reason for me.

I’ll speak on the warranty you got for 4,300. I would shop around to see if you can possibly get a extended warranty for a better price and they typically allow you 60 days to cancel for a full refund.

I just picked up my Sorrento and got the extended warranty plus gap for 3,000. They wanted the extended warranty for 3000 alone plus the gap but I told them I would only get it if the gap was included in that price. You know what they did they discounted the warranty to 2200 and added the gap for $800. They only care about their profit so they make money on both.

My warranty is the platinum one they offer that extends out the 5/60k mile bumper to bumper to 10/100k miles but will last me probably 4/5 years.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,049 Posts
Insurance poor...............

Reactions: dmpnyc

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
“Insurance Poor” is a term for being over-insured. In other words, you’re so poor from making the payments to protect yourself from the “what ifs” that you don’t have money for much else!

Reactions: dmpnyc

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorrento S
4 Posts
“Insurance Poor” is a term for being over-insured. In other words, you’re so poor from making the payments to protect yourself from the “what ifs” that you don’t have money for much else!
Ahh I mean adding a extended warranty for a couple thousand isn’t expensive and why pay more if something where to happen than you have to which is a smart financial move.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
2021 Sorento S AWD
49 Posts
You were replying to me, I live at sea level. (Well...135 feet if we're splitting hairs...) I guess we have different definitions of "power to spare." If I'm on I-95 going 70 and want to punch it up to pass someone, it's a less than reassuring amount of power under my foot.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
70 Posts
85 octane gas in the tank?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
288 Posts
1. The engine shuts off while waiting at lights and starts the instant you take your foot off the gas. It tends to jerk a little if you go from brake to gas quickly. In addition to save the battery the heater shuts down with the engine. It's now 25F outside so I don't want the heat to be shutting off while I wait at traffic lights. It looks like the default when starting up is with this feature enabled. As a result I press the AOC button to defeat this. There should be a way to disable this feature permanently rather than having to defeat it after every start.

5. The push to open gas fill door is just plain dumb. The previous Hyundai's and Kia's I have had all had a lever release inside the car. Now I look forward to a nice wear spot from my thumb on my nice PEARL WHITE finished car.
The Santa Fe I test drove had the same setup and also does not have the option to be permanently disabled.

As for the push to open gas, I have a 2013 Elantra GT (purchased fall of 2012) that has the push to open gas fill door and there is no wear and tear on the door at all. It is also white and it has held up, so I would not worry about that. But I would keep some lock de-icer as there were a couple of occasions where some ice got in there and the small latch seemed to stick. But that could just be my particular model. FWIW, my 20202 Sorento door got frozen too last week because some ice had seeped into the door hinge.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Of course they won't give the permanent disablement!!! It is part of the emissions/fuel economy certification.

Whether it has a dash push button or push to open filler door is just a petty complaint..............

21 - 35 of 35 Posts