Kia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
EDIT: See @KiaKev7’s post below. This does not seem to be the case that I mention below.

Found a used 2021 grille on eBay and thought I’d share how the front emblem is actually mounted. There are screws, not clips, where it’s suggest to drill out to remove. Now we have to figure out how to get back there.

Reactions: JstGo

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
6 Posts
I just found them. Good looking emblem, shame I’m going to need to paint (plastidip) them though. I hate chrome. Individual letter kits look to cheesy imho.
I agree! Share the link for the emblems please!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
7 Posts
I make grilles for a living and there are snap clips there. Directly below the screws, see those silver pieces? Those are snap clips. I cannot tell if they are guillotine or side snap design. Guillotine have to be cut, side can be pushed to the side.

If you cannot gain access to the screws in the vehicle then the grill will have to be removed. There can be snap clips involved with that as well.

Found a used 2021 grille on eBay and thought I’d share how the front emblem is actually mounted. There are screws, not clips, where it’s suggest to drill out to remove. Now we have to figure out how to get back there.
View attachment 120271

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
I make grilles for a living and there are snap clips there. Directly below the screws, see those silver pieces? Those are snap clips. I cannot tell if they are guillotine or side snap design. Guillotine have to be cut, side can be pushed to the side.

If you cannot gain access to the screws in the vehicle then the grill will have to be removed. There can be snap clips involved with that as well.
I didn’t notice those and you seem to be right. I didn’t compare the drill out tutorials locations and my picture until you me turned this. Good catch!

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
These are cool too! How bout the front alternative Kia emblem?
Oh, I didn’t know you were referring to the Kia emblems. I’m not sure where OP got his, but there are a bunch of overlays and replacement emblems with the new logo online. Just be aware there are a bunch of “old” new emblems that aren’t quite right. They use a first draft version of the new logo that has been updated since.

“Old” new:

New:

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Once my company's Makerspace opens back up, I'll have access to a vinyl cutting machine and will be cutting my own, new, KIA logos in carbon fiber & gloss black for my emblems. Haven't come to a final decision on the look yet. I plan on making extra so I'll keep you all in the loop. I can't make money off of them due to company policy, so stay tuned!

I plan on wrapping the whole emblem in gloss black (to eliminate the outer chrome), carbon fiber background, and gloss black logo. Or the inverse of that, still on the fence.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
7 Posts
Once my company's Makerspace opens back up, I'll have access to a vinyl cutting machine and will be cutting my own, new, KIA logos in carbon fiber & gloss black for my emblems. Haven't come to a final decision on the look yet. I plan on making extra so I'll keep you all in the loop. I can't make money off of them due to company policy, so stay tuned!

I plan on wrapping the whole emblem in gloss black (to eliminate the outer chrome), carbon fiber background, and gloss black logo. Or the inverse of that, still on the fence.
[/QUOTE

I'd be in like Flynn on that!

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2021 3.5L AWD EX (GCC Spec), 7 seater
24 Posts
Has anyone tinted their windows yet? Would love to see photos to visualize what it'd look like to tint 30% or 50% (i.e. 70% VLT and 50% VLT). Will be doing 3M Crystalline but struggling to visualize what it'd look/feel like. 50% is probably too much - might be difficult driving at night.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2021 3.5L AWD EX (GCC Spec), 7 seater
24 Posts
I went kinda crazy with a few mods about a week after I took ownership of my '21 SX PRestige.

Started with replacing the valve caps - Amazon.com: CKAuto Tire Valve Stem Caps, Black, 4 pcs/Pack, Anodized Aluminum Tire Valve Cap Set, Corrosion Resistant, Universal Stem Covers for Cars Trucks Motorcycles SUVs and Bikes : Automotive

Then went fancy with the Silicone License plate holder - Amazon.com: License Plate Frame,2PCS Silicone License Plate Frame with Drainage Holes, Rust-Proof, Weather-Proof and Rattle-Proof License Plate Holder for Car - Black: Automotive

Tinted front windows to match the rear section and added Sunstrip to the windshield to block out that fierce Florida sun.

Planning on adding the Homelink mirror and the 3M clear bra on the hood/front panels (dump trucks on the highway are a paint chipping nightmare) in the near future.
Do you have photos of the tint work? Which %, brand, type?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Anyone figured out how to permanently disable the Auto Start/Stop yet? On another vehicle I have I just ran a jumper wire on the back of the switch so the switch thinks it is pushed whenever you start the vehicle. I don't have a wiring diagram for the Sorento and I haven't taken the time to look at the back of the switch to see if its just 2 wires that could be connected (there are probably at least three since it is a lighted switch). There is this: ISG and Auto-Hold Memory Module - Various Applications, but without a wiring diagram of the Sorento I am not sure what wires I will need to tap into.
You could reach out to Shark Racing, they say they provide a diagram and instructions.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Modification Question:

Will there be an official way to get the new Kia logo and install it on our 21's?

Or will this be more like an eBay/Amazon type thing?

I don't really care right now, but as the new logo becomes more predominant, I'd rather the car not look dated already.
I'm watching the OEM parts sites to start carrying 2022 front grilles for the new logo. Looks like we will need to replace the whole front grille to accomplish this. The rear emblem however; I'm not tackling because the whole hatch is different for the new logo, there isn't a popped-out (like we have) oval and it is flat.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
I'm watching the OEM parts sites to start carrying 2022 front grilles for the new logo. Looks like we will need to replace the whole front grille to accomplish this. The rear emblem however; I'm not tackling because the whole hatch is different for the new logo, there isn't a popped-out oval and it is flat.
View attachment 120327
I believe the 2022 front logo is just lettering, without the oval piece. Same issue as the rear hatch

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
I believe the 2022 front logo is just lettering, without the oval piece. Same issue as the rear hatch
Right, it seems still moulded in somehow now. That's why I think we;ll need to replace the whole grille if we want it.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
53 Posts
Has anyone tinted their windows yet? Would love to see photos to visualize what it'd look like to tint 30% or 50% (i.e. 70% VLT and 50% VLT). Will be doing 3M Crystalline but struggling to visualize what it'd look/feel like. 50% is probably too much - might be difficult driving at night.

20% on the front side windows to match factory tinted glass in rear. Went with 35% on the whole windshield.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
53 Posts
I’ve been debating the windshield tint. How’s night driving with it?
It's been fine at night and I live party out in the country, so it's dark at night. No street lights, no side walks in my neighborhood and we are so on our own well and septic. The headlights are so good on this Sorento, I have zero issues.

My Daytona has only 50% on the whole windshield (but 5% on all the other windows) and it's worse at night because the headlights are not that great. Even though they are HID projector headlights, they just don't have the same output at the Sorento's headlights.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX FWD
21 Posts
Went with 35% ceramic on the front Doors and it matched perfectly. Any tint besides 0% on Windshield is against the law in Texas.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
53 Posts
Went with 35% ceramic on the front Doors and it matched perfectly. Any tint besides 0% on Windshield is against the law in Texas.
Any tint on the front windows or windshield is illegal here in Michigan too 😁 well you can legally tint the top 4" of the the front windows and windshield but it just looks dumb.

Thankfully most cops around here don't care. I've even had a conversation with a state cop the other day at the gas station while standing next to my Sorento with the windows illegally tinted. We talked about tinted windows and said he doesn't bother unless you are doing something else to catch his attention.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts