Kia Forum banner
261 - 280 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 Sorento PHEV and I was looking into doing the interior footwell ambient lights, and I bought the OPT7 lights, as well as a micro 2 fuse. My problem is that I don't want the lights on while driving, I really only want them on while the interior lights are on. Does anyone know if that is possible/how to do that?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
566 Posts
I have a 2022 Sorento PHEV and I was looking into doing the interior footwell ambient lights, and I bought the OPT7 lights, as well as a micro 2 fuse. My problem is that I don't want the lights on while driving, I really only want them on while the interior lights are on. Does anyone know if that is possible/how to do that?
It’s all possible. I was planning on figuring out how to make them white when the interior lights are on, but haven’t had time. Go back to page 1 or 2 and @noshortcuts posted a video on how to do what I’m talking about. However; it is VERY technical. So if you’re new to electronics, it will be difficult.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 · (Edited)
I imagine it's as easy as tapping a fuse for interior lights.
Still, if you don't find a way, I don't think it's a bother to have them on all the time.
The lights aren't seen in daylight and at night they aren't distracting IMO. Also, the lights are LED so will likely last for years. Also, you can dim them or choose a color that is less distracting, if that is why you don't want them on while driving.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX+V6
44 Posts
Not as cool as the tent but my door and glove box panels arrived. Super quick shipping from Korea and really nice quality...I am quite happy I purchased these as I have 12 year olds who are not very careful with their feet when getting in the car 😀.

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Grille Steering part Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Vehicle Car White Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
566 Posts
Just ordered the eBay carbon fiber middle A/C vent cover. Interested to see what shows up.

Front Middle A/C Air Vent Cover Trim for KIA Sorento 2021-2022 Carbon Fiber | eBay
View attachment 122097
Part came in. It's what you would expect. Def not carbon fiber, but a hydro-dipped plastic piece. My only qualm is that it covers the gloss black surround of the vents, would look a ton better if it left those uncovered. This is also a gloss finish, so more fingerprints for me :D. It also arrived with a scratch, and they reimbursed me with the outer A/C vents for free.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
566 Posts
New overlays from Just Stik It put on today. I was on-site with them for the first install of these and they were great (the people and the decals)! I have the rear window shark fins, side door/fender accents, front/rear emblems, wheel center caps, rear reflector (last pic) and steering wheel emblems. I’ll post links to each as they post them online in my mod link thread. They’re also a family shop out of their home btw.

Prior I had Darkside Racing Art (DRA) emblem overlays and hated them. Their service was also very disappointing and took entirely too long. DRA also uses printed vinyl which is very thick and you can see the edge of the underlying color. Just Stik It uses a layered process (which it should be) of any color combo you’d like. This means you are also responsible for centering correctly. Their ovals are also spot on, not like DRA which are too large.

Not everything is on their site yet, but they will be offering them soon and I’ll put links in the mod link list when they become available. Better pictures in a couple days and after a car wash also. The door/fender accents are in carbon fiber and the shark fins as well, but I don’t have a picture yet. They used Vvivid piano gloss black, Vvivid liquid metal blue and Vvivid 4D carbon fiber vinyls.

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive design Font Electric blue Mechanical fan Circle

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line 2.5T AWD
5 Posts
Not as cool as the tent but my door and glove box panels arrived. Super quick shipping from Korea and really nice quality...I am quite happy I purchased these as I have 12 year olds who are not very careful with their feet when getting in the car 😀.

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Grille Steering part Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Vehicle Car White Automotive tire Hood

These look great. Dod you have a link to where you got them? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P PHEV
107 Posts
Replacement domed gel emblems for the WeatherTech floor mats.

Easily one of the silliest things I've ever intentionally spent money on (don't tell my wife) but I'm irrationally excited about them.

Rectangle Road surface Font Wood Asphalt

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
566 Posts
Replacement domed gel emblems for the WeatherTech floor mats.

Easily one of the silliest things I've ever intentionally spent money on (don't tell my wife) but I'm irrationally excited about them.

View attachment 122496
Link?

Kia actually offers the weather techs with this for like $50 more 😂

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
566 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
3 Posts
Pictures of OPT7 foot-well lighting install. The lights can be adjusted for brightness and change color via an included remote. They turn on with the car at the last setting.
The install is pretty clean. You can't see the light strips without crawling and looking for them and all the the wires are tucked behind panels.
View attachment 117734

View attachment 117736

View attachment 117735

1) This center console panel (near the gas pedal)pops out from the right side and then slides right to fully detach. Once the panel is installed again, all the wires are hidden cleanly.
View attachment 117729

2) There is plenty of room for the control box and excess wiring to be mounted behind the removed panel. I added Velcro tape to the bottom of the control box to hold it steady and be able to remove it if needed.
View attachment 117728

3) I used the provided 3M tape to attach the light strip for the drivers side. It's taped to the rear (non-opening) side of the Airbag device.
View attachment 117730

4) This is the passenger side light strip. The wire passes easily to the control box from the previous photo.
View attachment 117731

5) This is one of the rear foot-well lights. They are attached with zip ties to the carpet material that is underneath the rear of the front seats.
View attachment 117732
Can you share what fuse you tapped into to install this? Noticed the 22 sorento fuse box is different than the previous video.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Positive wire as shown and ground wire to a bolt under the drivers side dash.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
3 Posts
Beautiful. Thanks for the pic! Just finished the wiring, so I’ll give this a go when my fuse tap comes in the mail.
Got it working when the car turns on, thanks again! Still trying to figure out which fuse I could swap to that would turn the leds on when the car door opens. Let me know if anyone has figured that out!

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P PHEV
107 Posts
Got it working when the car turns on, thanks again! Still trying to figure out which fuse I could swap to that would turn the leds on when the car door opens. Let me know if anyone has figured that out!
It's complicated. In the end there should be inputs for always on power and ignition switched power, as well as the door assist. The color mode would be active whenever the ign switched power was on, the entrance (all white) mode would be active whenever the door assist was triggered. There's a way you can this all to work, but it ain't easy. See here:

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
17 Posts
Has anyone added some type of small console that goes between the 2nd row captain seats?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
566 Posts
It's complicated. In the end there should be inputs for always on power and ignition switched power, as well as the door assist. The color mode would be active whenever the ign switched power was on, the entrance (all white) mode would be active whenever the door assist was triggered. There's a way you can this all to work, but it ain't easy. See here:

If you go back further in this thread OP posted a video of someone accomplishing this in a Kia.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P PHEV
107 Posts
If you go back further in this thread OP posted a video of someone accomplishing this in a Kia.
Yeah, I've seen it. I'm toying with the idea of rolling my own controller the way I wish it were designed, based on an Arduino or similar, and thus avoiding the relay hack. Not for any other reason than it's fun.

261 - 280 of 299 Posts