Kia Forum banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
402 Posts
Why the heck was that not blacked out from the factory? Maddening. You pay $x for black trim and they do like half the car.
The side steps are going to be the biggest pain. Can't Hyperdip em, so need to place another wrap order. BTW that stripe was $25! Not including the wrap-cut tape...

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
402 Posts
Who's going to be the guinea pig this time? Saw Shark Racing offers an intake for the 2.5 sonata. Comparing it to our engine bay,this region is practically identical. I wish they showed how the MAF connects better.

Automotive air manifold Gas Automotive super charger part Auto part Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
How would that be different than what we've already done, besides costing more? Oh, and no zip ties, 😆
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
402 Posts
How would that be different than what we've already done, besides costing more? Oh, and no zip ties, 😆 View attachment 121396
My thoughts exactly. TBH the only difference is the smooth bends and interior of the tubing. You'd be surprised at what eliminating those baffled flex tubes does to an intake. I'm not going near it, but someone might want to give it a try. I also don't see where the diverter valve's line ties in. Maybe they force you to buy the BOV!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Added rear badge, upper grille material and side turbo emblems. The car is so fast now, lol.
Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
60 Posts
Those are nice.

How many of you have purchased decals from Darkside Racing Art? I placed an order August 24th, still haven't arrived, didn't respond to my first email regarding the missing decals Sept 23rd and just waiting to see if they respond to an email through their website that I placed yesterday evening.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
402 Posts
Those are nice.

How many of you have purchased decals from Darkside Racing Art? I placed an order August 24th, still haven't arrived, didn't respond to my first email regarding the missing decals Sept 23rd and just waiting to see if they respond to an email through their website that I placed yesterday evening.
I did, they took forever and I had to cal and complain. They were shipped the same day I called. The overlays are slightly larger that the stock oval btw. Mine already are starting to wrinkle on the edges.

·
Registered
2022 SXP X-Line
25 Posts
Took advantage of the nice weather to wrap the tail lights and reflectors on the Sorento this afternoon. Did the front quarter panel reflectors, rear lower reflectors, main tail lights and third brake light. Wrapped with Vivvid Dark Smoke tint film. I suspect I’ll need to remove the tint from the main tail lights to pass inspection, but it only took an hour to apply, so I’ll just replace them afterward. Waiting on hyper-dip to arrive in the mail so I can take care of the rear emblems and I’ve got a roll of Avery Satin Black waiting to wrap the silver plastic “skid plate.”

Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX Premium X-Liine
5 Posts
Did you get the mats to lay down nicely everywhere? I bought this set and have a wrinkle in the back driver's side mat. I contacted Tuxmat and they said to work it out with a heatgun. If that doesn't work, they would exchange it for me. Thanks.

Sleeve Grey Automotive exterior Automotive design Vehicle door

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX Premium X-Liine
5 Posts
Is there a trick to getting the pins from the mirror tap into the molex plug? They are extremely tight and I was afraid of breaking the pins. Is filing and trimming the only way to make them fit? Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 SXP X-Line
25 Posts
Did you get the mats to lay down nicely everywhere? I bought this set and have a wrinkle in the back driver's side mat. I contacted Tuxmat and they said to work it out with a heatgun. If that doesn't work, they would exchange it for me. Thanks.

View attachment 121460
I don’t have any issues like that. Sorry!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
T
Is there a trick to getting the pins from the mirror tap into the molex plug? They are extremely tight and I was afraid of breaking the pins. Is filing and trimming the only way to make them fit? Thanks.
I had to trim so the pin was narrower and with a sharp point.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts