Kia Forum banner
181 - 200 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
402 Posts
Thx, me too! I was leery of making it something it's not...but I really hate the old "KIA" emblem, and just couldn't get on board with the new one either, though it's much better (to each their own). Those are thick overlays, BTW. Not vinyl stickers though. They don't completely fit in a sense; they're a bit smaller diameter than the center cap, but I don't think it's noticeable.
Your assumption of the diameter checks out. They do fit before the angle of the edge and for a reason; they would lift off and ultimately, fall off. They are, indeed, vinyl. Just printed vinyl. It has to be thicker. I’m not sure if you saw my interim emblems; which were hand cut from vinyl. I actually might go back to that look, but if you want true vinyl that is not printed there will be a texture to it because of the thickness. Here’s the hand cut:

Watch Cutting mat Fashion accessory Font Rectangle

The darkside are printed, so it as thick as one layer and flat on the transitions. My handcut has two layers so it has that definition. They were too dark for me, even though I wanted a dark look. I should have went with darkside’s outline logo in grey. It would have given that “shadow line” look.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
402 Posts
I think there is one consensus on this forum...the rear "SORENTO" has to go! :ROFLMAO:
I can't wait for someone to get pulled over while they have "SORENTO" removed. What's the cop going to put on the ticket? Unless you have one, no one knows what it is. Same with my 330i. When I had the "330i" emblem removed I got out of a ticket because it was written against a "328i". Wasn't me!

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
402 Posts
After a week of ownership, worked on few changes to blacken it. View attachment 121155 View attachment 121156
You win for the best emblems!!!!!! Plasti/Hyper-dip? Or did you get serious with some wrap?! The red front vents look very good with the overall scheme btw. Cringe as hell if it weren't black. GREAT JOB! Now; do your "diffuser" in the same type of scheme and it may be perfect. I had to do a triple take on the front and just noticed the "SORENTO". Perfect. Like I said; you win.

·
Registered
2021 SX
56 Posts
You win for the best emblems!!!!!! Plasti/Hyper-dip? Or did you get serious with some wrap?! The red front vents look very good with the overall scheme btw. Cringe as hell if it weren't black. GREAT JOB! Now; do your "diffuser" in the same type of scheme and it may be perfect. I had to do a triple take on the front and just noticed the "SORENTO". Perfect. Like I said; you win.
Thanks a lot. I took the rear off and wrapped it in matte black. The front also without taking it out. I could put any tools behind the crest to pull it out.
The rest is all custom made with red / black theme

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX
10 Posts
One mod I have not seen mentioned yet are the storm lowering springs from shark racing. I picked up a set last week but haven't had a chance to instal yet. I'll do before and after pics when I have the time.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento S AWD
27 Posts
I can't wait for someone to get pulled over while they have "SORENTO" removed. What's the cop going to put on the ticket? Unless you have one, no one knows what it is. Same with my 330i. When I had the "330i" emblem removed I got out of a ticket because it was written against a "328i". Wasn't me!
wouldn't they go by license plate then? i know what you're talking about though, i did have a debadged car previously but a parking ticket was still written out for me and since license plate matches i didn't bother trying to fight it.

181 - 200 of 217 Posts