Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorrento GT AWD Diesel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
i have had my 2021 Sorrento GT Line for two months now, i love the car but i have had some problems with wind noise coming through the drivers side door/window area, it sounds like the window is down a liittle. its audible above 50kmh and very annoying as you increase speed up to highway speed. I have taken the car back to the Kia dealer in Geelong and they have replaced the drivers side door seal and also made some adjustments to the door. It really hasnt fixed anything. They said that they tried a few differerent mirrors to see if that was the problem, they also said that they test drove another Sorrento and said that it had a similar amount of wind noise. Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or can give some insight into what its like in your Sorrento. With all the reviews that i watched before purchase no one ever mentioned anything about an annoying wind noise.
Thankyou in advance for replying.
John
Geelong, Victoria
Australia

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,350 Posts
Purchase a can of silicone spray, or better yet 303 product.
Take a paper towel and wet it with the product.
Coat the gaskets on the door, all around; the door opening, and the gasket that the window seals against.
See if this helps.
Reply back.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX Gravity Blue
91 Posts
I have a hybrid EX in the US and I haven’t noticed any wind noise. It has been very quiet. Do you have a sunroof?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Purchase a can of silicone spray, or better yet 303 product.
Take a paper towel and wet it with the product.
Coat the gaskets on the door, all around; the door opening, and the gasket that the window seals against.
See if this helps.
Reply back.
Thankyou for the reply, i will give that a try and see if it helps at all.

·
Registered
Hyundai Palisade 2021 Luxury
49 Posts
Hello
i have had my 2021 Sorrento GT Line for two months now, i love the car but i have had some problems with wind noise coming through the drivers side door/window area, it sounds like the window is down a liittle. its audible above 50kmh and very annoying as you increase speed up to highway speed. I have taken the car back to the Kia dealer in Geelong and they have replaced the drivers side door seal and also made some adjustments to the door. It really hasnt fixed anything. They said that they tried a few differerent mirrors to see if that was the problem, they also said that they test drove another Sorrento and said that it had a similar amount of wind noise. Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or can give some insight into what its like in your Sorrento. With all the reviews that i watched before purchase no one ever mentioned anything about an annoying wind noise.
They did mention in many reviews that Sorento is a bit noisy and noticeably louder than Telluride. I'm not sure how much exactly front windows contribute to that noise, but Telluride has double pane windows, while Sorento to my knowledge has regular thin single window design on both passenger and driver side. So there's that. Also, I suspect due to boxy square profile of new Sorento - it's less aerodynamically perfect and that will for sure make sound - you'll hear wind noise. And indeed you are. People who don't care they don't notice, but for sensitive folks - you should always check it on test drive. When we bought our car we took it home to check fitment to our garage and then drove 30 min on highway. Sorento was noisy and we didn't liked it. We skipped it for that reason (and couple more reasons: DCT was behaving weird and we felt delays, weird noise/vibration).

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorrento Gt line AWD 2.2 Diesel
2 Posts
Hello
Thankyou in advance for replying.
John
Geelong, Victoria
Australia
Did you fix the problem? I have similar problem with the wind, I took my Sorrento to Kia Lakeside Caroline Springs.. they said they can't do anything..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you fix the problem? I have similar problem with the wind, I took my Sorrento to Kia Lakeside Caroline Springs.. they said they can't do anything..
Hello, unfortunately no I haven’t had any luck with my local kia in Geelong, they said they have tried to fix it and said to me that they test drove another and it was the same. I just feel its in the too hard basket. Is the wind noise very noticeable in yours too?. There seem to be more around the Geelong area now so im hoping to run into someone who has one to ask if it happens on their sorrento

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX Gravity Blue
91 Posts
Wonder if wind deflectors would help at all? I haven’t seen them available for the 21 Sorento yet but I’m sure they’re coming. Kia makes wind deflectors for every model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you had any luck with the wind noise with your dealer?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorrento Gt line AWD 2.2 Diesel
2 Posts
No bro, dealer said that's all normal. I am still looking for solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do wonder if it is a design of the mirror plays a big part. Even with the window down the mirror noise is loud

·
Registered
2021 SX Prestige X-Line
43 Posts
I have this same driver side wind noise. Much louder than any other vehicle I have ever driven. That noise was non-existent in my '17 Sorento.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts