Kia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Sorento LX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 13 model years and about 230,000 miles since my 2008 Kia Sorento rolled off the assembly line. Prior to purchasing my Sorento, I was an avid Subaru fan, but Kia has definitely caught my attention, especially in the reliability department. I have absolutely no complaints regarding the reliability of my 2008. Sure, there's been some minor issues, but so far my most expensive "repair" has been replacing my tires! I'm floored by the awesome reliability of this vehicle.

With that being said, at 230,000 miles, I'm well aware that "normal wear and tear" will probably soon catch-up with my machine. At the moment I'm sold on buying another Kia, probably another Sorento. This is why I'm posting in this particular forum. I'd like to get reliability feedback from those of you driving the newest Sorento. In your opinion, has Kia maintained the same reliability as my 2008???

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SXL
74 Posts
It's been 13 model years and about 230,000 miles since my 2008 Kia Sorento rolled off the assembly line. Prior to purchasing my Sorento, I was an avid Subaru fan, but Kia has definitely caught my attention, especially in the reliability department. I have absolutely no complaints regarding the reliability of my 2008. Sure, there's been some minor issues, but so far my most expensive "repair" has been replacing my tires! I'm floored by the awesome reliability of this vehicle.

With that being said, at 230,000 miles, I'm well aware that "normal wear and tear" will probably soon catch-up with my machine. At the moment I'm sold on buying another Kia, probably another Sorento. This is why I'm posting in this particular forum. I'd like to get reliability feedback from those of you driving the newest Sorento. In your opinion, has Kia maintained the same reliability as my 2008???

Thanks!
I have a 2014 Sorento SXL with 100K miles, I just had it serviced for the 100K miles maintenance also had the transmission fluid changed as I pull a travel trailer. I only had one problem. The door filler switch was bad. I replaced it myself. I also have a 02 Sportage with 200K still running good. My Sorento will go another 100K. As long as you keep up with the maintenance you shouldn't have any problems. The cars are very well engineered!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX Gravity Blue
86 Posts
I just bought a 21 Hybrid EX Sorento. I’m having an issue with the wireless Apple CarPlay feature. It is constantly disconnecting. Apparently it is a common problem and Kia is working on a fix. No mechanical issues yet but I only have 150 miles on it. So far averaging 40 mpg. Really happy about that. It is supposed to get nearly 650 miles on one tank.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
1,073 Posts
We had a 2005 Sorento that logged close to 100K miles before we traded it in, it never had any significant issues other than normal maintenance items. The only oddball issue I had with it was the 4WD would occasionally lock and you'd have to drive it backwards a bit to unlock it. That happened 4-5 times, but I never had to spend any money on it.

We just gave my daughter the 2013 Kia Soul that has about 60K, it never had any unscheduled maintenance. It is finally experiencing the first issue we may have to spend money on, the backup camera is getting temperature sensitive. I took the liner off the tailgate and cleaned up all the connections in the harness that are accessible, but it's still doing it, so I'm guessing it's the camera. Usually, you an open and close the tailgate and it'll jar it into submission for a day or two.

I have high hopes for my 2020 Sorento SX, just got it a few weeks ago, and it still only has around 500 miles on it. However, so far so good, lovin' it. ;)

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento X-Line Gravity Gray
13 Posts
My wife and I have put 14k miles on our 21 Sorento SX X-Line. No mechanical or build quality issues that we have noticed so far. We love taking this on longer trips to go camp since it can haul all our stuff and the dog. No complaints so far aside from the obvious omissions on some of the features.

·
Registered
37 Posts
5700km on my 2021, just about to do my first oil change this weekend. No issues whatsoever to report on reliability. Some annoyances (cruise control not programmed to respond as I would expect, and Android Auto wireless has issues -- not Kia's fault, this is all on Google) but not mechanical or technical issues to report so far.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
197 Posts
I have a 2022 Sorento SX-Prestige X-Line at almost 5K miles and - I LOVE IT! I have a small issue with the Dynaic Theme on the dash. Also a weird issue with the transmission - I witnessed it after a long trip. After getting off the highway the DCT would shudder a bit, now it's smooth. I'm afraid I wont be able ro reproduce the issue, so it likely wont get fixed, but it will get them to test and check fluid levels in the DCT. Also my key fob wont remote start... I have a service appointment for tomorrow.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
197 Posts
I'd stay away from DCT but that's me.
I wish it had a regular AT... but my wife's VW Beetle TDI with DCT works great! No issues. Peppy too.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento X-Line Gravity Gray
13 Posts
Got my 2021 SX-P AWD in April. About to do my 18k oil change. Still has the lower speed transmission shudder, but not as noticeable as it was at first. That could also be that I've gotten used to it. Still enjoy driving it. More than enough room for my wife and I camping with our husky. Waiting for winter to come by to see how it does on snowy/icy conditions. Materials have held up, no creaks anywhere yet or panels popping out. No weird noises coming from the engine bay. I did get get extended warranty knowing that we'd probably make it past those 100k miles pretty quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts