Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige that I purchased in March 2021. This was when I had fixed all my debts and my debt was at 0 and income was high so my DTI was very good. Anyway I purchased a service contract and also gap when i bought the car all rolled into the final price total of $57398.32. I put $10,000 down in cash, so I financed $47398.32, the car has been ok and reliable. I've taken in at the right intervals for maintenance, I have had to replace a part on the suspension, a tweeter speaker, 2 recall notice inspections, and the last was the steering column had to be replaced. I started notice a noise from the engine sometime around August of last year and was disregarded by the dealership. Anyway dealer dropped the ball when they where order the replacement steering column and didnt order until about 3/4 months later. When i went to take the car in for the replacement of the steering column I had them inspect the noise as it was a lot louder. Turns out transmission is bad, KIA sent field engineers to inspect it cause it failed in away not really known. They won't release my car due to liability, KIA will replace my transmission as they supposedly "took" it with them. My car has been in the dealership since December 15th 2022. With no part replacement as there is 0 transmissions stateside. No ETA but maybe March of this year. KIA is now offering me 2 options take some kinda finical compensation as a sorry since I'm still making payments and it's a inconvenience. Or my 2nd option will be a buyback of my car. I was told I would get a callback with numbers this Friday. I was hoping if anyone with this type of experience would chime in or what could be an educated guess of how much they will offer with both options. Mileage is 35782

· Registered
2021 Sorento S 2.5 GDI
140 Posts
Some quick questions. Is it the turbo 2.4L. Is it the dual clutch transmission?

Kia has a good reputation for taking care of problems like these. The US dealers are another story. They just want to sell you a new car and they loose money or should I say they don't make as much money on warranty repairs. I would contact Kia directly. I have a 2021 S trim I took delivery in December 2020 and it is working nicely. It has the 2.5L non turbo and the conventional 8 speed transmission. I have 40K miles so far.

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
12 Posts
I got a 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige that I purchased in March 2021. This was when I had fixed all my debts and my debt was at 0 and income was high so my DTI was very good. Anyway I purchased a service contract and also gap when i bought the car all rolled into the final price total of $57398.32. I put $10,000 down in cash, so I financed $47398.32, the car has been ok and reliable. I've taken in at the right intervals for maintenance, I have had to replace a part on the suspension, a tweeter speaker, 2 recall notice inspections, and the last was the steering column had to be replaced. I started notice a noise from the engine sometime around August of last year and was disregarded by the dealership. Anyway dealer dropped the ball when they where order the replacement steering column and didnt order until about 3/4 months later. When i went to take the car in for the replacement of the steering column I had them inspect the noise as it was a lot louder. Turns out transmission is bad, KIA sent field engineers to inspect it cause it failed in away not really known. They won't release my car due to liability, KIA will replace my transmission as they supposedly "took" it with them. My car has been in the dealership since December 15th 2022. With no part replacement as there is 0 transmissions stateside. No ETA but maybe March of this year. KIA is now offering me 2 options take some kinda finical compensation as a sorry since I'm still making payments and it's a inconvenience. Or my 2nd option will be a buyback of my car. I was told I would get a callback with numbers this Friday. I was hoping if anyone with this type of experience would chime in or what could be an educated guess of how much they will offer with both options. Mileage is 35782
Wow! I to have a 21 SX prestige, 2.5 turbo with the 8 speed DCT. I even took delivery in March of 21. Mine has been fine though but I have less mileage , 23,500. I did go in for the recall on transmission, but it only need the update, no bad code found. I'm leasing it for now, and haven't had the issues you are having, but thanks for the heads up regarding what yours is doing. I hope it all comes out in your favor! Please keep us posted.

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
447 Posts
My 2022 SX Prestige X-Line is still rockin' with only a minor braking issue occasionally. (I may just put new aftermarket - upgraded rotors and brakes on - If I can find them.) The DCT was fixed about 6 months ago. Flawless ever since. Mine is just about to hit 30K miles. Quiet and smooth as can be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts