Kia Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
67 Posts
You're lucky to get into a dealership so quickly. In Atlanta I called 4 dealerships, and the soonest I can get in is in 4 weeks. Most said 6-8 weeks. What kind of "warranty" service is that? What a joke! It's a good thing this is probably just a bad sensor and not something really serious.

This is a lot of brands out there right now...Not limited to KIA. I am on a 5 week wait to get in for a recall with Nissan. 2 wait week to change the CVT fluid. My neighbor has a Ford F150 that is throwing misfire codes and he is on a 4 week wait.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid
8 Posts
My dealer got me in within a week, go in tomorrow. I have zero hopes for a resolution though, they have one master tech who is slammed and probably wont even be able to generate the inverter message because it only comes on after being driven for 45 mins to 1:30 hours, give or take.

Reading through the manual. I did notice it said when cold, the fluid should be between the min and max. Looking at mine, the fluid was well over the max. I actually took off the top hose and bled the bottom house for air bubbles (I'm sure there were no air bubbles), and forced out some fluid to get it between the min/max like the manual says. I do not recommend anyone doing that though, it was a decision I made based off the manual only, no authorized tech recommended that at all.

Let's hope one of us gets a definite answer one day and we can all go to the dealer and have them apply the same fix. Software update is probably the best bet, but who knows when that will happen, if ever.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX
7 Posts
That reservoir is full and nothing changed on that one.

My engine coolant was a tad low, but that's not the error everyone is getting.

Hopefully it is a software fix they need to push out.
Dropped my car off last Tuesday, just got it back today from the dealership. They had a Kia Technician flush the inverter coolant and refill in #4 in the pic. Note that it was previously BLUE, but now is PINK (just like it's always been in #11). Crossing my fingers that the problem won't come back, but was told that it's most likely a sensory issue. Will keep you guys updated if the problem returns.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid
8 Posts
Dropped my car off last Tuesday, just got it back today from the dealership. They had a Kia Technician flush the inverter coolant and refill in #4 in the pic. Note that it was previously BLUE, but now is PINK (just like it's always been in #11). Crossing my fingers that the problem won't come back, but was told that it's most likely a sensory issue. Will keep you guys updated if the problem returns.
Now that is interesting. I wonder if they just put in engine coolant, or if the inverter fluid has changed since we bought it. Hmm.

Thanks for posting this and the willingness to keep us updated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For additional color, here is the Kia technician bullet point that was written in the report on my car... and I quote:

* Kia is aware of the issue and is currently investigating it. When a countermeasure is available it will be released in TSB or PS through KGIS. If the vehicle is not leaking coolant and you can see it circulating the system is working as designed. The inverter coolant warning is false, per the engineer it is safe to drive.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid
8 Posts
For additional color, here is the Kia technician bullet point that was written in the report on my car... and I quote:

* Kia is aware of the issue and is currently investigating it. When a countermeasure is available it will be released in TSB or PS through KGIS. If the vehicle is not leaking coolant and you can see it circulating the system is working as designed. The inverter coolant warning is false, per the engineer it is safe to drive.
You are a life saver. If it doesn't have any personal information in a picture you can take, can you take a picture of that and post it? Would love to have that for evidence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since you asked so nicely, sure! Technician feedback is "Advice 1"...refer to the stars. Also attached.

New problem: filled up my gas tank, and drove away with ~580 miles range. But the next day, that changed to ~476 miles and has been stuck there since Wednesday. My drive to work is only a few miles from where I live, so waiting to see if this changes over the next week.

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid last Year end of March, and im having a issue with Refill Inverter Coolant, i take to Kia Dealer shop and they still having a issue can't find it where is
and it's been in there for almost 2 Month, what Should i do with this kind of Issue?
I have the same problem with my 2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid Ex. It has been in the shop for 10 days now and they seem to have no idea how to fix it. Has anyone ever gotten this problem fixed on their vehicle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got the car back 5 days ago, and haven't seen the "Refill Inverter Coolant" message come up again ever since I picked it up from the dealer. Most of those days I haven't driven more than 10 miles, but on Saturday I put in close to 80 miles...so that was the true test. Looking good so far from that end.

New problem that has developed since last week is that the the fuel range sensor seems to be off, as well as the clock on my display. SMH and hoping this gets back to normal soon. I'm going to get it until the end of this week...if those new problems haven't gone away, it's back to the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good news is that the message has not come back since my dealership replaced the entire Inverter collant reservoir. Referring to engine layout diagram that hybridization laid out earlier in this thread, my #11 was pink and my #4 was blue. System was flushed, and now both #4 and #11 are pink. Problem is gone for now (knock on wood).

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid
8 Posts
Good news is that the message has not come back since my dealership replaced the entire Inverter collant reservoir. Referring to engine layout diagram that hybridization laid out earlier in this thread, my #11 was pink and my #4 was blue. System was flushed, and now both #4 and #11 are pink. Problem is gone for now (knock on wood).
Tozer, cannot thank you enough to keeping up with the thread and keeping us posted. I have a scheduled visit this coming Thursday for the Inverter coolant light. It is now coming on even early in the morning. I told the service guy this is an on-going issue for several of us, and that a flush and refill has been promising. I will also keep the thread updated when I get it back.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid
1 Posts
Same thing here. The day after I had oil change etc. $400 worth of maintenance/service at the dealership the light comes on and I call the dealership. This was April 20th
they tell me to check the coolant level…which was fine.
The next day the “refill inverter coolant” was off so I postponed taking it in as I have a very busy schedule and they of course have no loaner vehicles.
Today it’s 80+ degrees and as soon as I start my car that light is on again. I checked the reservoir and it’s full! They cannot get me in until Friday (again no loaner available to boot) so I googled and found this forum.
After reading this I’m thinking this is an issue triggered by some service that’s done to the vehicle or when it gets hot out. Maybe it’s a sensor? But it seems Kia should be aware of the situation since it is happening to all of us and I’m sure others.
If I have any luck Friday I’ll report back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check the color(s) of the coolant under the hood. Referring to a diagram earlier in this thread, if you have BLUE in #4, and PINK in #11, my recommendation would be to ask them to flush the coolant and make both of them PINK (i.e., no more blue).

Had this problem before I ever took the car to the dealer, so I don't think it's their direct doing... Luckily, the problem has not resurfaced since I got my coolant flushed at the dealership over a week ago.

knock on wood

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento EX hybrid
2 Posts
2021 Sorento EX hybrid here with 27K miles. Same issue with inverter coolant light. Been in dealership for 3 weeks. They performed the system flush per Kia instructions with light remaining on. They are working with Kia for another solution. After research I found that the Kia Optima hybrid had the same issue which was fixed with a software update of the battery management system. This makes sense considering no code is present. Software issues will not create a code. Thinking of trading in and trying to find a Toyota Highlander hybrid.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento EX hybrid
2 Posts
2021 sorento with 27K miles. Same issue. Service center flushed system with no results. Awaiting Kia next recommendation. Optima hybrid owners had same issue and fix was software update of battery management system.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorrento Hybrid EX Aurora Black, 2016 Kia Soul +
14 Posts
This just happened to me yesterday.
2021 Hybrid EX has 14k miles and I have loved driving it every mile.

Came out to car from work and was Inverter Coolant message popped up immediately at start.
After checking somethings online, I checked and the reservoir is between and the min and max fill lines.

I drove to dealer and left it there on way home, the tech was a real a hole and said that they couldn’t even look at for a couple of weeks. All I want is to make sure it is safe to drive.

I have 5 Kias in the family that all get serviced there - and there is another dealer 10 miles away that I purchased 2 from , so I have no problem switching. I called this morning and spoke to Service manager and they will be checking into it tomorrow.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts