Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,
I just installed the 2 12" SKAR SDR series subs with 1200.1 amp in my 2021 Kia Forte Gt. I'm going to list some crucial helpful tips to save you time and headache.

1. Buy a "AudioControl LC2i" so that you don't need to mess with the factory radio (retails $100 at BestBuy) or any of the cars electronics

2. When installing the LC2i it requires you to split into any of your door speakers so that way you have radio signal to your amplifier. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE ANY DOOR PANELS. I used driver side rear door. Inside the cars driver side B pillar ( the metal frame that separates the front and back driver side door, it has the plastic piece your driver seat seatbelt feeds into) at the bottom you will see a group of colored wires once you slightly pull back the plastics. There should be a thicker yellow and black wire in the bunch, but not clustered together. The Yellow wire is your door speakers POSITIVE speaker wire. The Black wire is your door speakers NEGATIVE speaker wire. IF YOU REMOVE THE DOOR YOU WILL WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO WIRE IT THROUGH THE DOOR DUE TO IT HAVING A CLIP CONNECTION (what I mistakenly did). Once you have found the 2 wires I'm referring to you can continue your youtube video on how to install the lc2i. DO NOT CUT ANY SMALL YELLOW WIRES THOSE ARE YOUR AIRBAGS!!!!!!!

3. I FOUND THE PERFECT SPOT TO RUN YOUR POWER WIRE WITHOUT DRILLING OR MODIFYING THE FIREWALL TO GET FROM THE TRUNK TO THE BATTERY ALONG THE DRIVER SIDE.
Directly behind your battery is a computer module with 2 clamps on the top. Unhook and pull your battery 1st...
2nd unclamp the computer module (will still be attached by cables running inside the firewall through a hard plastic covering directly to the right of your Brake booster module) push the cables aside.

Once your battery is removed and the computer module is out of the way you will see a small quarter sized hole with a rubber grommet directly behind where the battery was on the firewall. Their should be one single black cable that runs thru this grommet. (cable leads to your trunk latch) Remove the grommet and WALLAH you now have a perfect sized hole to run your power wire. I fit 4g power wire thru that and ran in thru the driver side plastics and underneath rear seats into the trunk.

4. A good spot for the ground wire for your amplifier is a bolt that only shows when you pull down the driver side rear seat. Its directly behind the seat belt latch. between the middle seat and driver side rear seat.

Your welcome fellow bassheads. I just saved you 1hr+ of work and planning

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT 1.6 turbo DCT
2 Posts
Thanks for this. Does yours have the Harmon/Kardon premium audio? I’m guessing not, since you didn’t mention the factory subwoofer. The sub is located in the rear deck. Would someone happen to know the wiring colors for that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts