Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White K5 GT-Line 2001 Mustang Conv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my new K5 has an issue of retaining water when it rains, or gets a wash.

The rear window appears to slope right into the rear deck lid. This is done by having a fake window and chrome strip attached to a recess in the rear deck.
However, the low point of that is in the center of the rear deck and it appears the water just sits in there with no where to go. If you open the trunk, water will stream out of the deck lid at both corners of the chrome/window attachment. It holds quite a bit of water, btw.

Anyone else noticing this, or is it just my car. Compounding my problem is I had to buy the car while I was travelling, so I don't have a relationship with the local dealers.

Any advice?

·
Registered
2021 White K5 GT-Line 2001 Mustang Conv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checking back to see if any other K5 owners are seeing water issues with the trunk lid.

After a rainstorm, or a car washing, open the rear trunk lid. Look to see if water starts streaming off the corners of the lid, back by the hinges. I can't believe nobody else is seeing this. However, if nobody is, then perhaps my car is missing a gasket or some other not so obvious body part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts