Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Sorento SX6 Front wheel drive.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Sorento (SX6) owner here. Not a tech wizard, but trying!
I have the Harmon Karden entertainment info unit.
It maps OK so far, but for example:
If I want to go to a destination in my contacts where Apple has inserted a map, is there a away for the phone to transfer the phone display map to the nav screen so I see what would normally be on my iPhone screen?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
573 Posts
You need to run your Google or Apple maps through CarPlay rather than using the built-in GPS on the unit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the iPhone map will replace my nav screen? How do I do that?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX V6
7 Posts
It should, we have a 2017 and we just start the maps app on our iPhone and plug the iPhone cable into the Sorrento. Sometimes we have to hit the Apps icon on the touchscreen to bring up the map.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did that and it works! Thanks you so much. I thought the cable was sooo 90’s.

So all is well (for now), thanks for that!

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX V6
7 Posts
Yea, we tried using the car’s nav and it’s just junky. The nice thing about the phone is that everything can be setup before you even get in the Kia. A lot of times I will start the nav on my phone to get the estimate time of arrival. Also, your phone gets charged up too which is the nice part about plugging it in.

you may be able to use maps via Bluetooth but I’m not sure we tried it. We ended up unpairing our phones from the Kia because it ended up cashing more problems than making things easier for us. Anyway, that’s an awesome ride you have!

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Sport
17 Posts
Why pay for Nav when there's Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze (for example)? The Nav occasionally has to be updated (possibly with cost) while the others are updated by their respective servicers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts