Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Considering 2020 Sportage SX Turbo AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. First post here and wanted to know what folks have paid or have been offered on their Sportage.

Full Disclosure: Don't know much about the Kia brand besides driving a few rentals, but expanding my search outside the normal Honda, Toyota, Nissan choices.
I admit that I've owned a lot of Honda's and a little bias/loyal to the brand.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
319 Posts
Paid 34,200 for a 2020 SX AWD.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
319 Posts
Thanks! How do you like your SX Turbo?
Not sure which I like more my SX or my wife (just kidding). I do like the SX!!! I handles great, launches hard for a small SUV, and is loaded with tech. I had a 2017 SX and traded it for the 2020 (like the myriad of small improvements that have been made).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
$34,450
Steel grey, beige/black 2 tone interior.

Front end of the 2020 looks so much better than previous years IMO. Just hit 2k miles last week. No regrets at all, no issues other than driver side mirror randomly started to continuously run for 5/6 seconds after turning off the car

Kia dealership said it was caused by someone manually trying to close the side mirror

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got offered $30,800 and 60 mos @ 0% financing.

Tax, tags, doc fee not included on that price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Where are you located? I've never seen a dealer go that low on an SX priced at over 35,000.
Omaha, Nebraska
Dealer name is H&H Kia

The price is even lower if you're trading a vehicle, which I'm not.

CORRECTION: I guess the 0% wasn't part of that deal, as I tried to see if I can close this deal today.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Black Cherry/Beige
285 Posts
Doc fees..... Those F'ing BS costs. Mine back way in 2016 for my 2017 SX was $599... now I see they are $699 for a 2020! here in the land of Bernie... Grrr!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doc fees..... Those F'ing BS costs. Mine back way in 2016 for my 2017 SX was $599... now I see they are $699 for a 2020! here in the land of Bernie... Grrr!
What I don't get is...some dealers have a $99 doc fee and $17 titling fee, and others bundle it and charge you an arm and a leg. SMH

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
879 Posts
What I don't get is...some dealers have a $99 doc fee and $17 titling fee, and others bundle it and charge you an arm and a leg. SMH
Doc fees are generally competitive by state. Some states like California have limits on doc fees. But the truth is that doc fees are just a way to add profits to the bottom line. Most dealers really don't make much money on the final prices so "doc fees" are necessary if they want to make any money. Dealers also make money on volume rebates from the manufacturers. If they included doc fees in their negotiated prices with customers, they couldn't advertise a competitive price. Normally, if you deal hard on a car that is not in limited supply, they will bring down the price but not the doc fee which other dealers will eventually find out and then all dealers lose. So I recommend not arguing with dealers on the doc fee -- just argue on the out-of-the-door total price and let them do the manipulation. After all, the only thing that counts to you is how much you end up paying. Now there are add-ons that are worthless like nitrogen in the tires. If you accept that one, you need to see a shrink....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts