Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul S
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's Soul has been doing this for a few weeks. Less than 1500 miles on her car. Every few days get in, and the key won't turn. I'm familiar with issues relating to the the steering wheel position on some cars.

Did it again today. I got in it about 30 minutes after she reported the problem. Still was locked and would not turn. She's parking straight and not leaving the wheel turned in any way.

So I left the key in the ignition, turned the wheel as far as it would turn to the left and returned to normal. Key immediately turned and cranked normally.

Doesn't happen every time, only every 3-4 days or so.

Heading to the dealer tomorrow for an appt. Anyone else been through this? Like to share what you had to get fixed or what the issue was?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul ex-line
1 Posts
what did the dealer say?

my father bought a 2021 Soul and experienced this issue today. Cranking hard on the steering wheel freed up the key to turn. He’s had the car only 3 days.

Wife's Soul has been doing this for a few weeks. Less than 1500 miles on her car. Every few days get in, and the key won't turn. I'm familiar with issues relating to the the steering wheel position on some cars.

Did it again today. I got in it about 30 minutes after she reported the problem. Still was locked and would not turn. She's parking straight and not leaving the wheel turned in any way.

So I left the key in the ignition, turned the wheel as far as it would turn to the left and returned to normal. Key immediately turned and cranked normally.

Doesn't happen every time, only every 3-4 days or so.

Heading to the dealer tomorrow for an appt. Anyone else been through this? Like to share what you had to get fixed or what the issue was?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts