Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte EX, 2020 Kia Soul EX, 2002 Corvette Z06
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
Our lease is coming up on our 17 Sportage EX AWD and we are going back to the Soul EX w/designer package (prior to the Sportage we had a 14 Soul+).
Anyway, our 14 Soul had the 'pump' passenger seat so it could be moved up and down manually, but Kia no long offers that (why??). My wife is 5'1" and sitting in that passenger seat really does not allow her to see all that well out the font window. A power passenger seat is not even offered. Anyway, has anyone else had this issue or been concerned with it and is there any alternative (properly done) or 'fix' to raise that seat up? And a cushion underneath her is not a viable option because it's not comfortable and it would take a lot longer in the winter for that seat to heat her bottom.
Thanks for listening and hope to hear some thoughts.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,531 Posts
are you sure about the height adjustment on the passengers seat (6-way like the driver), I wasn't aware that this feature has ever been available on any year Soul, my 2016 SX doesn't have it and neither did my previous 2012 and also it's not mentioned in the US specs for the 2014 Soul. Maybe someone else with that model and year can chime in.

I know that has been mentioned in the past to increase the height for a passenger, I think there is some company online where you can obtain spaces to increase the height safely.

My wife is 5'-1" :)

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD Snow White Pearl
193 Posts
are you sure about the height adjustment on the passengers seat (6-way like the driver), I wasn't aware that this feature has ever been available on any year Soul, my 2016 SX doesn't have it and neither did my previous 2012 and also it's not mentioned in the US specs for the 2014 Soul. Maybe someone else with that model and year can chime in.

I know that has been mentioned in the past to increase the height for a passenger, I think there is some company online where you can obtain spaces to increase the height safely.

My wife is 5'-1" :)
Trevor the K5 Optimum company offers a spacer package to raise the seat.

Pat.

Edit: Best link to the product, not the home page..

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte EX, 2020 Kia Soul EX, 2002 Corvette Z06
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trevor the K5 Optimum company offers a spacer package to raise the seat.

Pat.

Edit: Best link to the product, not the home page..
I honestly do remember our 14 Soul+ having it on the passenger side (I had to lower it whenever my wife drove)..and the drivers side as it was not power. I have looked at that company you posted about and even though they don't list the 2020 model, I called and they do have it. Thank you very much for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts