Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento LX+ Black Line V6 AWD | 2011 Kia Sorento V6 FWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just traded up the new 2020 Sorento Black Line V6. I don't get it until Tuesday so I'm looking around for aftermarket parts for it. The Ice Cube fog lights are something Id like to add to it. Has anyone ever installed fog lights on a Sorento without fog lights? Is the wiring there for it, or do you have to install the harness?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2019 Sorento
152 Posts
The wiring is not there for them. You can find the fog lights readily available on Ebay. I bought some for mine, but have yet to install them. The driver's side seems accessible, but the washer fluid reservoir is in the way on the passenger side. I am probably going to pay a shop to put them in for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wiring is not there for them. You can find the fog lights readily available on Ebay. I bought some for mine, but have yet to install them. The driver's side seems accessible, but the washer fluid reservoir is in the way on the passenger side. I am probably going to pay a shop to put them in for me.
Yeah, a quick search on Ebay brought up all the fog lights you could ever want for them. Figures as much, the harness not being there. Thanks anyways!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, how did you make out with that? I need a solution too.
Once I read that the wiring isn't there, I abandoned the idea. I get the sporty minimal look they were going for without the fogs, even though it would have looked awesome. Look like its total install with adding a wire harness and button in on the dash somewhere.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX 3.3
11 Posts
I ordered a pair of led fog lights and a wire harness with a switch for just over $200 cdn. I'll let you know how I make out. I plan to swap out the halogens that came stock with leds as well. Just ordered 4 17" rims for winter tires and saved over $200 so I feel like I'm getting my fog lights for free!

·
Registered
'17 Sorento SX V6 AWD
12 Posts
For those that added aftermarket LED fog light bulbs or LED fog light assembly to non-SXL trim, did you start getting static noise from the radio when fog lights are on?

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX 3.3
11 Posts
I haven't received it yet so will update after I have installed them. And if you do, there is a solution. Wiring needs a resistor on it, on your new wire harness.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,642 Posts
They putting a load resistor in parallel to avoid low current (dead bulb) sensing?

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX 3.3
11 Posts
The one installed on my Santa Fe has no issues. My Dodge is also issue free. Both are without wire harness mods and both have wireless switches.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX 3.3
11 Posts
On light bars, headlights are just standard as well and also have less on the fog lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts