Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a brand new Sorento EX+ last week. I test drove a 2020 Highlander, Rav4 and used MDX, QX60 and Pathfinders and I ended up choosing the Sorento. I really liked all the features that comes with the EX+ (navi, front and rear heated seats, 360 cameras, panoramic sunroof etc...). I never really gave Kia a thought before buying and this is my first Kia ever.

How are you guys liking the 2020 Sorento's so far? Any issues so far? I know its still early but i'm just paranoid thats all as this is my first Kia.

Thank you all...

Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX V6 AWD
2020 SX V6 AWD - just picked up last month. Only have just over 1000km on it. Really loving this vehicle.
Also drove the Highlander, but the Sorento just gave much more value/features for the money. The car is just solid. Luv the way it drives, handles. No issues at all so far.

Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD
Have a 2019 SXL bought in July 2018. Almost 2 years, no problems, very smooth ride, SXL has all the luxury of the more well known brands for much less. Get about 26 MPG city and 32 Hwy (with Kia computer) @ 65 MPH. Never considered a Kia until I read reviews AND the latest lowered reliability of the some of the big boys.

Registered
2018 Sorento SX AWD w/Technology Package
Purchased a brand new Sorento EX+ last week. I test drove a 2020 Highlander, Rav4 and used MDX, QX60 and Pathfinders and I ended up choosing the Sorento. I really liked all the features that comes with the EX+ (navi, front and rear heated seats, 360 cameras, panoramic sunroof etc...). I never really gave Kia a thought before buying and this is my first Kia ever.

How are you guys liking the 2020 Sorento's so far? Any issues so far? I know its still early but i'm just paranoid thats all as this is my first Kia.

Thank you all...
Congratulations on your new Kia! Welcome to the fold. These are excellent vehicles that are well built, and if maintained well, really a great value.

Bought my first Kia back in 99 (Sportage 2.0L with 5 speed manual). Since then I've had an 2001 Optima, 2008 Santa Fe, 2012 Soul ! model, and now a 2018 Sorento SX AWD which is pretty much loaded. Got this one a month ago with 10,400 miles on it. Dark grey metallic with black and merlot leather interior. Easily one of the nicest vehicles I've ever driven. Maintain it per the owner's manual and you'll love it. Kia and Hyundai are truly well made vehicles.

Go Jets!

Registered
2019 Sorento AWD V6 EX-Sangria with stone beige leather

Thank you all...
There was a time that I wouldn't even consider a Kia because they had a reputation of being flimsy or junk. However, the redesigned 2011 Optima came out and I really liked the looks of it so I did some research. I researched the Optima, Camry and Accord. I found I could buy the Optima for about $4,000 less with much more equipment. A 2011 Optima EX with the package that gave me most of what you have in yours (except for navigation) was my first new car. I drove it a little over 75,000 miles with no issues of any kind and traded it for an almost new 2016 Honda CRV in early 2016 that friends and relatives swore were much better. I drove it four years and had minor issues that seemed to be common to them and Honda never really got fixed. At 65,000 miles, I traded it for my 2019 Sorento EX with 16,000 miles on it and I am very happy with it. It is very quiet, smooth and more comfortable than anything I have had since my Lincoln Towncar. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your purchase.

Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
I had a 2016 SX, my brother has a 2017 SX, his better half has a 2014 EX. They both have the V6 and aside from them taking a while to warm up on extremely cold days, they are fantastic vehicles. We reside in Winnipeg.

Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6
Discussion Starter #9
I'm also from winnipeg and hopefully I have no issues with my sorento during our winters.

Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6
Discussion Starter #10
Have a 2019 SXL bought in July 2018. Almost 2 years, no problems, very smooth ride, SXL has all the luxury of the more well known brands for much less. Get about 26 MPG city and 32 Hwy (with Kia computer) @ 65 MPH. Never considered a Kia until I read reviews AND the latest lowered reliability of the some of the big boys.
just curious, which big boy models did you find that lowered its reliability? I've heard for sure that Nissan has gone down...

Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD
just curious, which big boy models did you find that lowered its reliability? I've heard for sure that Nissan has gone down...
We were going to buy another Pilot but Honda's reliability has gone down to average or even below in the past few years. Subaru is still very good but have had many recalls on the models. Toyota is still tops but also cramped from the bottom of the seat to the floor in the Highlander. The Rav-4 had more room but stopped making 3 rows about 5 years ago.

Registered

Thank you all..

Just got my 2020 Sorento EX yesterday. Do not all of them come with homelink to program garage doors, gates. I can't find it! Moon roof, leather, auto tailgate, heated seats, but no homelink?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts