Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sedona EX; 2016 Sorento LX V6 AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those second row seats have tunnels in the floor so that the seats can be slid back and forth. It is possible that food crumbs or other small objects can fall into those tunnels. It would be very difficult to clean. Wonder if someone has observed the problem or other thoughts about it.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,069 Posts
And your point to this? the concern is not just a KIA thing as ALL vehicle seating is pretty much like that. That's why vacuum cleaners have a small end adapter for their hoses to be able to reach such spaces. OR you could have your rear passengers be a bit more neater in their activities back there while you're doing the driving. ;)

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
247 Posts
... OR you could have your rear passengers be a bit more neater in their activities back there while you're doing the driving. ;)
Yeah, trying to get my kids to be neater,... Hah! Fat chance of that happening! But you're right, all minivans with tracks in the floor will have the same issue. A vacuum cleaner takes care of it.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,069 Posts
Yeah, trying to get my kids to be neater,... Hah! Fat chance of that happening! But you're right, all minivans with tracks in the floor will have the same issue. A vacuum cleaner takes care of it.
My condolences to you, I've already finished with that "phase". Now "debris" on flooring and seat tracks from hauling stuff is of my own doing for me to "clean up" after myself!...BUT I have an 04 Chry. T&C WITHOUT the "stow and go" feature, so seats have to come out for hauling and then vacuum BEFORE they go back in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
had the car for a couple years now and even with all the snacks, it does look bad in that hole, but does not impair the seat's movement! I think its a thing you could clean only once every 100 miles and still be ok! unless your kids throw all sorts of fresh food (fruits, meat) in there. mIne only has crackers, chips candies and other non-issues in it

·
Registered
Sorento 14, Sedona 17 LX+
25 Posts
If you want to fill in the gaps, try foam backer rod from a hardware store. These long strips of cylindrical foam (think of small diameter pool noodles) are used to fill in large gaps between building materials before you caulk a joint, and can be purchased in many different diameters. Cut a piece to length and push down in the seat slots to seal them off. Of course this won't work if you want to slide the seats.

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
181 Posts
It's the same problem with all minivans, or any vehicles with recessed sliding tracks. Household vacuum cleaners don't do as good a job as a shop vac with some serious HP, and a slim nozzle. A good one will suck the eyeballs out of an octopus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts