Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Sedona Lx+ 2020
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

We just encountered a problem this morning with the sedona. My wife started the car with the remote-start, dressed the kids, put them in their car seats and dropped her handbag on the front seat (containing her smart key). She then went back out to remove the snow from the car.

She had not manually started the car at this point, it was still running from the remote-start, which is supposed to last 15 minutes I think.

When the remote-start timer was over, the car locked itself automatically. The keys (and the kids!!) were locked in the car!! Pressing the buttons on the handles wasn't doing anything and there was no way to unlock the car from the outside.

I was under the impression that the car shouldnt be able to lock when the smart key was inside. Luckily, my eldest was able to free himself from his car seat and unlock the door for my wife.

I'll try to do some tests tonight when I'm back from work, but does this sound like a normal thing? It looks like a bug of some sort to me.

Thanks for your answers!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sedona SXL 8-Pax, 2012 BMW 335i (F30), 2005 Lexus RX330
118 Posts
Hello everyone!

We just encountered a problem this morning with the sedona. My wife started the car with the remote-start, dressed the kids, put them in their car seats and dropped her handbag on the front seat (containing her smart key). She then went back out to remove the snow from the car.

She had not manually started the car at this point, it was still running from the remote-start, which is supposed to last 15 minutes I think.

When the remote-start timer was over, the car locked itself automatically. The keys (and the kids!!) were locked in the car!! Pressing the buttons on the handles wasn't doing anything and there was no way to unlock the car from the outside.

I was under the impression that the car shouldnt be able to lock when the smart key was inside. Luckily, my eldest was able to free himself from his car seat and unlock the door for my wife.

I'll try to do some tests tonight when I'm back from work, but does this sound like a normal thing? It looks like a bug of some sort to me.

Thanks for your answers!
Welcome MaxPaq

On the 2016-2018 version...

If the van is locked and I come up to ONLY open the rear hatch (for example after riding my mountain bike and load my gear back into the car)
And if I somehow threw the keys along with my gear into the back, then close the hatch.

Then the van would be locked along with the keys inside and I would have no other way to get into the driver seat...

Pretty bad situation to find yourself into...

Always have the keys with you.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts