Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this morning, I decided to install a remote start in my 2020 Sorento SX. I spent 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. All-in-all, the installation went smooth. My only gripe is the 58 pin Ignition Connector, the harness could have been a couple of inches longer for better repositioning. It goes behind the kick panel, but there are already harnesses behind it and there's very little extra room. It would be so much easier to secure it above the kick panel, it's all open space there.

Al least now it's working. I carry around one remote to lock, unlock, lift gate, horn and now start. Remote start is great, press lock button twice, then tap lift gate button and it instantly starts up no lag as with the UVO system. I can unlock the door either with the key fob or the button on the outside handle and it keeps running. Press the start button and I'm ready to move. Press the brake pedal before the start button and it will shut off. They advertise a 500 foot range and will run for 10 minutes (default, can shorten to 5) before shutting off on it's own.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3 Lt
36 Posts
""So what is the aftermarket brand name on the remote???

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KIA, it’s OEM accessory. It’s totally plug and play, no cutting or splicing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I put this in my wife’s sorento. All plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flip86

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I worked on dealership warranty and every time there was an electrical problem, first suspect was always any aftermarket accessories.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the push button start # C6F57-ACH01 , key start is a different part number.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L V6 AWD
24 Posts
If anyone is interested, the part number for the key (not push button) start is C6F57-ACG01.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L V6 AWD
24 Posts
I'm assuming the factory remote start is not two way? That is, the car doesn't send a signal back to the remote saying that it actually started. I got burned too many times with my Jeep. I expected a toasty (or frosty) car only to find it never started.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm assuming the factory remote start is not two way? That is, the car doesn't send a signal back to the remote saying that it actually started. I got burned too many times with my Jeep. I expected a toasty (or frosty) car only to find it never started.
You're correct, no feedback.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,519 Posts
No, what I meant was that the fob is a transmitter only, so expecting feedback would be a little optimistic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts