Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX AWD 2.4, 2017 Sedona LX+, and 2007 Acura TSX w/Navi
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve used the search function and so far have not come up with a more specific answer. I’ve got a 2020 LX, which has the halogen headlights. I want to swap them out for LED’s. The high beams were no issue, but the low beams have become a problem. I cannot get the bulb to mount securely. I bought the suggested adapter clips, but those still have too much play and allow the bulb to move. Has anyone found a working combination of bulbs & clips for the headlights? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What bulbs does it take?
It takes an H7. I can get the new H7 LED’s to light up, but they do not fit the housing. Even with the adapters, they’re loose.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
159 Posts
I’ve used the search function and so far have not come up with a more specific answer. I’ve got a 2020 LX, which has the halogen headlights. I want to swap them out for LED’s. The high beams were no issue, but the low beams have become a problem. I cannot get the bulb to mount securely. I bought the suggested adapter clips, but those still have too much play and allow the bulb to move. Has anyone found a working combination of bulbs & clips for the headlights? Any help will be appreciated.
I glued the bulbs to the adapter and it works fine.
That was for my 2019 EX

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
882 Posts
It takes an H7. I can get the new H7 LED’s to light up, but they do not fit the housing. Even with the adapters, they’re loose.
You must be using some odd bulbs, many of us did H7 LEDs and they work GREAT. Size wise H7 is H7, no idea why you are haing a problem. The brighter ones do have a driver, a separate box, but it all fits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must be using some odd bulbs, many of us did H7 LEDs and they work GREAT. Size wise H7 is H7, no idea why you are haing a problem. The brighter ones do have a driver, a separate box, but it all fits.
Awesome, can you let me know what bulb you used? Or a link? I would prefer the plug and play option.
The ones I have are Aukee brand and they don’t sit properly in the housing. The adapter is still loose, so as another poster suggested, it would need to be glued.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
882 Posts
You always need to use the adapter, at least in the 2019, due to the way the connections work. The brand I used seems to be no longer available.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have this bulb sylvania hb3 u 9005 hl+ in my car and to replace this with LED, which type should I go for H7 or H11?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,589 Posts
I have this bulb sylvania hb3 u 9005 hl+ in my car and to replace this with LED, which type should I go for H7 or H11?
You have a 9005 low beam in your Sorento 2019 EX??? Even Sylvania (along with every other bulb manufacturer) shows the H7 as the standard for that vehicle!

·
Registered
51 Posts
You have a 9005 low beam in your Sorento 2019 EX??? Even Sylvania (along with every other bulb manufacturer) shows the H7 as the standard for that vehicle!
Yes you are right (y) , my mistake :). This bulb is not a low beam bulb but DRL bulb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As an FYI, I ended up getting Lasfit brand H7’s and they work great. They have a custom adapter that fits directly into the bracket.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
631 Posts
As an FYI, I ended up getting Lasfit brand H7’s and they work great. They have a custom adapter that fits directly into the bracket.
Could you give us an overall review of the lights, pattern, brightness, comparison to the halogens that came out, etc.. Did you also upgrade the high beams and if so, what brand? Some of us are still searching for the "perfect" LED conversion. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,307 Posts
Reactions: kiafamily5

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could you give us an overall review of the lights, pattern, brightness, comparison to the halogens that came out, etc.. Did you also upgrade the high beams and if so, what brand? Some of us are still searching for the "perfect" LED conversion. Thanks.
They’re much brighter than the stock halogen. The beam pattern is far and wide, overall better than the stock ones. It does have two bright spots when I park facing my garage door, but as it stands now, I will be keeping them since they’re way better than stock. I replaced the high beams with a brand called Aukee, which was also on Amazon. They’re also much brighter than stock. Overall happy with the purchases so far.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
631 Posts
They’re much brighter than the stock halogen. The beam pattern is far and wide, overall better than the stock ones. It does have two bright spots when I park facing my garage door, but as it stands now, I will be keeping them since they’re way better than stock. I replaced the high beams with a brand called Aukee, which was also on Amazon. They’re also much brighter than stock. Overall happy with the purchases so far.
Thank you, really appreciate the response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you let us know which model of the Lasfit H7s you used? They offer several models that are supposed to fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

These are the ones I used. Amazon said they wouldn’t fit, but the “custom” is the included adapter that fits directly into the housing. It’s plug and play, no other part needed.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
159 Posts
I had the same problem so I glued the bulbs to the adapter. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX 3.3
11 Posts
Braided wire heat sinks work better than fan and don't fail. I had a pair that fail because I made the mistake of having a shop install them but it was - 40 and I was working 10 to 14 hour days, 7 days a week at the time so I felt I had no options there. They both failed within days of each other but the weather was much improved so I installed replacements myself that are still performing flawlessly 3 years later. I have both low and high beams as led and run a led bar as well. Have saved me from hitting wildlife and items on the road several times. All my vehicles now get that treatment. My Sorento and Santa Fe have light bar mounts that attach where the front license plate is mounted. Its aluminum with a black finish and allows for 4 each 4" lights or a larger bar. I have a 23" on mine and use a wireless remote to switch it. Use the same bar on my pickup as it fits perfectly in my bush bar.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts