Kia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
KIa Sportage 2020 1.6 Crdi LX
6 Posts
1. Yes

Android 10.0 For kia Sportage 2019 2020 8Core 6G+128G Bluetooth Wifi GPS Glonass Map Car multimedia Player RDS Radio

2. I don't have the wiring diagram for the stock unit but I took pics of the back and showed the guy so he could match up the cables. No issues.

3. Haha of course, make sure you choose the right colour, there are 6 different ones.

It cost about $500 Canadian dollars, including DHL duty tax.
Cool
Then we go ahead, i have more questions now :) sorry :) i like to know all small details too
The original GPS, USB and ANTENNA cables simply matching the new unit or you'll get adaptors?
Do you have factory installed rear camera? If so, is it also will work same as before the upgrade?

·
Registered
KIa Sportage 2020 1.6 Crdi LX
6 Posts
If anyone knows how to access the engineering mode on the 8 inch head unit of the 2020 Kia Sportage LX, please post here for everyone to see. Thank you.
On my unit the code is 0804
If anyone needs step by step instruction, will be provided

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just received the new android multimedia unit today! Well packaged and looks sweet AF! Will install on a warmer day. Here are some new pics. I'll take more when installed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just installed the aftermarket radio. It works awesome! All the features work besides the subwoofer which I will find a way to get it going but still sounds great without it! The speakers still pound, not much difference with the 8" oem subwoofer. Definately worth the money!!! I'll throw a pic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I installed it at night so I'll take pics during the day later another time. It's very fast and responsive! I will install the backup camera on a warmer day later on. You just need to run the wire to the back and mount the camera wherever good or convert the oem wire like I said. I'll decide later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hope this helps guys and you can use my pics when you order so they know which cable to give you. Apparently there were 2 different types so if you have the same vehicle trim as me, you will need to let him know so he sends you the right cables. Grab this android guys it's awesome!!!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,322 Posts
How do you update the OS? Does it have Wifi so you can do wireless Android Auto? Do the steering wheel controls work properly? How do you put in a flash drive/USB cable? I'm glad it works properly. Thanks for taking the risk. It won't work with the HK models, in any event. Can you see any streaming videos?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I don't think you can upgrade it but not sure. I didn't see a check for update in the settings. It does come with Android 10. Yes it has wifi and bluetooth, both work great. Android Auto sucks, why you wanna upgrade your android radio because you can't do much on it or watch videos, it's badly restricted and you won't need it when you have an aftermarket android like this one. You could still use Google Maps if you like but Sygic is the best in my opinion, especially because it is good without data. You just download the map. Google started doing it too but very small regions. Sygic you can download the whole province. Steering wheel controls work! I use Mode on the steering wheel to open up Sygic navigation instantly, it's sweet. It comes with 2 USB dongles. I still need to check a wire to see if I can use the stock USB port by the 2 lighters. Yes, you can do everything like a phone or tablet. A definite buy and upgrade. Trust me, anyone who buys this will feel the same as I do and will love it man!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,322 Posts
The problem with Google Maps on an Android head unit is that unless your head unit can connect directly to the internet, you don't get traffic updates. That's why you want Android Auto (which actually is Google Maps). I also get traffic updates through SiriusXM on my Nav unit -- not as good as AA, but workable. Actually, I prefer Android Auto because I want limited information on the screen because I'm driving -- not sitting down with my smartphone. That said, what you've got is pretty neat if it works for you. App upgrades are constant on Android, so being able to upgrade your head unit constantly should be important. Most infotainment units upgrade through SD cards or flash drives once or twice a year. Android is optimized for hosts that are constantly attached to the internet while infotainment systems are optimized for situations where you are not connected to the internet except through your smartphone. That said, again, it's pretty neat to have an Android head unit.... Have fun....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
To each their own for sure but to just have stock for Android Auto only and nothing else is why people would want to upgrade to have so much more than just to have traffic on a GPS. Other GPS apps like Sygic has traffic as well and I think Waze too. You can still use Google Maps on an aftermarket android if you prefer. Thanks and take care!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,322 Posts
Other GPS apps like Sygic has traffic as well and I think Waze too.
You have to be connected to the internet to get current traffic.... There are lots of options if you don't want current traffic. I get current traffic with my built-in nav and Android Auto/Waze (you have both options). When I don't need traffic, I sometimes use Co-Pilot GPS which has all of the U.S./Canada maps right on my phone. You could use that app on your head unit as well...

Reactions: SpookZAF

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ya eh, well I think everyone has a cell phone now haha you can use your cell phone as a hotspot and have the android radio's wifi connect to your data if needed so it would be the same if you were out of your area and had no data you wouldn't get traffic then lol

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,322 Posts
Ya eh, well I think everyone has a cell phone now haha you can use your cell phone as a hotspot and have the android radio's wifi connect to your data if needed so it would be the same if you were out of your area and had no data you wouldn't get traffic then lol
When you try this, let us know how it works and if it works. I've used my phone as a hotspot and it is miserably slow.... Perhaps when everything is 5G, this will change....

Reactions: SpookZAF
21 - 40 of 44 Posts