Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me figure out how this happened. I have a 2020 Kia Forte GT Manual Transmission.

I have to hop out of it to open a manual swing gate to get pulled back to my garage. I usually leave the car running with the key fob in my pocket, the car is push button start. I closed my door once thinking since I have the key fob on me it will be fine (it was pouring rain). I came back and the door was locked. I was unable to unlock the car using the key fob, it just wouldn't respond. The car was on and in neutral with the parking brake engaged. I ended up having to pop the cover off the door handle and use the manual key to get back in.

Does anyone know how the car would have locked? Maybe I pressed lock with it in my pocket on accident? Should the key fob have allowed me to unlock the car to get back in if that is the case?

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
620 Posts
Try to duplicate this when your not stressed. As described this should not happen. If you can, get it back to the dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts