Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento ex+ 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !
Looking to get a 2020 ex+ (In Canada). Thath trim come with The Harman Kadon sound system and Uvo.

1) Is the sound of The Harman Kardon really premium/better/louder over the base sound system ?
2) Uvo, doies it work well for remote starting ? Does it really replace a ''real'' remote starter ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3
68 Posts
Yes, the H-K audio is excellent, and I'm a musician with an expensive home audio system.
Don't know if you are still considering a 2016. I had one with the 2.0 turbo, and traded it early when there was a large recall on that engine. Otherwise it was a good car, but not as good as the 2019 we have now.
Also, there were quite a few fixes, "service actions", that Kia to their credit performed free. If you are looking at a 2016, make sure all that work has already been done before you buy.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SXL
41 Posts
2020 with Harman Kardon unit is great sound. I got a loaner from the dealer cause my 2018 SXL was at the dealer to get brake rotors done for the e time in 30k Kms. Mine came with Infinity sound but I like the harman bit more louder n bassy..

·
Registered
USA 2019 Sorento SXL V6 AWD
23 Posts
2020 with Harman Kardon unit is great sound. I got a loaner from the dealer cause my 2018 SXL was at the dealer to get brake rotors done for the e time in 30k Kms. Mine came with Infinity sound but I like the harman bit more louder n bassy..
I keep telling people the bass response is perfect. Deep and powerful but not overbearing and boomy.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6
8 Posts
I have a 2020 EX+ and the HK sound is not bad at all. As for the UVO, I'm pretty upset that the sales guy didnt mention that the UVO 'Remote starter' is only good for a certain amount of years. For me its 7 years (financed for 7 yrs) . After that you'll have to pay for the service which is $225 a year. Keep that in mind.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts