Kia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
604 Posts
There were actually some scientific studies done on the effectiveness of the high mounted stop light in general and they were disappointing. By that time, the industry had adapted the technology and is just kind of stayed regardless of what the studies showed. No idea if the flashing helps or hurts the effectiveness.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
584 Posts
Not if they're distracting you from hitting the brakes as your brain is like WTF? Rather than seing the solid red light that we've wired our brains to mean "BRAKE!"
Therein lies the dilemma - this is intended to catch the attention of an already distracted person (who might be using their phone or texting). the impact on a non distracted driver might be very different.

that opens up the opportunity to have an AI tool connected to a rear facing camera that can determine if the driver behind is distracted or not and, flash only if needed. I havent filed a patent for this idea just yet and if someone does and makes plenty money off it then i appreciate a like on this post :p

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
604 Posts
that opens up the opportunity to have an AI tool connected to a rear facing camera that can determine if the driver behind is distracted or not and, flash only if needed. I havent filed a patent for this idea just yet and if someone does and makes plenty money off it then i appreciate a like on this post :p
You're getting close but when your rear facing camera detects distracted driving, it should slam on the brakes of that drivers car and then deliver a 40,000 volt electrical charge directly into their keester. That's technology I would invest in! :)

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just spoke to my cousin, it is a dealer installed add-on. I didn't have the heart to ask how much.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
584 Posts
You're getting close but when your rear facing camera detects distracted driving, it should slam on the brakes of that drivers car and then deliver a 40,000 volt electrical charge directly into their keester. That's technology I would invest in! :)
CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium
Looks like these guys (over in Europe) have the same idea albeit on a continent-wide scale .......

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX AWD V6
51 Posts
None do, but the Dealer loves that line to get you to spend $100+ on an item that cost them less than $5 to install. (Labor included).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts