Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just did a blue tooth update and now I am suddenly unable to respond to any text messages. I can initiate a text and send it successfully, but if someone sends ME a text, after I say "yes" to wanting to respond, google comes back and says either 1)- ok, ok 2) hiya hiya or 3) cool cool.
Won't let me respond back. Have asked several contacts to text me, all with different phones, and the same thing happens.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX
126 Posts
are you using android auto, or the built in uvo system? if you are using bluetooth, google should not be involved. on mine there are the response choices (ok, etc) on the screen, again no google. i would suggest trying it just with bluetooth and see how it works. then try android auto, the results should be different.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EX
3 Posts
My dealer just did a blue tooth update and now I am suddenly unable to respond to any text messages. I can initiate a text and send it successfully, but if someone sends ME a text, after I say "yes" to wanting to respond, google comes back and says either 1)- ok, ok 2) hiya hiya or 3) cool cool.
Won't let me respond back. Have asked several contacts to text me, all with different phones, and the same thing happens.
This happened on my Galaxy S9+ for a while on the 2017 Soul !. I uninstalled and reinstalled Android Messages and it seems to be working ok now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts