Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento & 2014 Kia Forte
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pre-owned 2019 Sorento. Does anyone know if the Radio is SiriusXM ready where I can just plug a receiver into the stock radio?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the radio
Push the "radio" button. The option for Sirius will be on the bottom of the menu.
There's no option for it. The book even shows this radio withought SirusXM. This was something I unfortunately overlooked when purchasing the vehicle. I just figured it had it, just like my 2016 Sorento.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
55 Posts
Not sure if you can get a tuner module or not. Given that there is no option for it on the screen how would you select it? You might consider an aftermarket head unit that incorporates XM, nav, Apple Car Play/Android Auto and all of the other good stuff. There have bee a couple threads here recently that discuss this.

**EDIT** Just did a little looking. If the headunit is XM/Sirius ready, then yes, you can add a tuner module and probably be done with it. I would assume the antenna is built in to the shark fin. If the headunit is not XM/Sirius ready then you would need to upgrade your headunit. But I didn't find anything saying one way or the other whether it's XM ready or not. On Kia's website, it shows the LXV6 with the XM/Sirius headunit as optional, but XM/Sirius as standard.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if you can get a tuner module or not. Given that there is no option for it on the screen how would you select it? You might consider an aftermarket head unit that incorporates XM, nav, Apple Car Play/Android Auto and all of the other good stuff. There have bee a couple threads here recently that discuss this.

**EDIT** Just did a little looking. If the headunit is XM/Sirius ready, then yes, you can add a tuner module and probably be done with it. I would assume the antenna is built in to the shark fin. If the headunit is not XM/Sirius ready then you would need to upgrade your headunit. But I didn't find anything saying one way or the other whether it's XM ready or not. On Kia's website, it shows the LXV6 with the XM/Sirius headunit as optional, but XM/Sirius as standard.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, Jon. I couldn't find anything either in regards to if it is XM ready or not. I do like the stock unit so it would be disappointing if it is not XM Ready. I'm having someone take a look Tuesday to see what my options are so I'll post what I find out.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
811 Posts
I thought all new cars came with it now. Who knew?
Meanwhile the cheapest solution is to subscribe to XM over the internet. I think the base rate is like $14.00
Access it on your phone, play it over bluetooth or AA into the car.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL
20 Posts
It's easy to do if you have an AUX port on the radio. Go to the Sirius/ XM site. They have kits for cars that include all you need.
https://shop.siriusxm.com/radios/?intcmp=GN_HEADER_NEW_Shop_ShopRadios_FeaturedRadios

They also have an older system that can broadcast to an unused FM station. I may even have a brand new one of those. They were really cheap years ago so they could expand their market. The units are also quite common and cheap on eBay.

Feel free to contact me off list if you need help locating one.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX 2019 Kia Niro PHEV
34 Posts
I have the 2019 FWD L or LX which does not have SiriusXM ready nor does it have a CD player. I find I rather stream SiriusXM via Bluetooth and now you get 100 extra channels

1 - 13 of 13 Posts