Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Got bumped in the middle of an automatic car wash of all places in my wife's 2019 Sorento SX and the only damage was a couple of very noticeable dents on the aluminum skid plate on the lower rear bumper. The lady was very apologetic and very agreeable to paying out of pocket to not involve insurance so I had her pay for the replacement skid plate to the dealership over the phone, picked up the part and assumed it would be a quick replacement I could handle myself. I'm not sure what I'm missing but I can't seem to get the clips at the top of the skid plate to come undone. I've removed the four torx screws and the retainer clips on the underside that hold it in place but even if I try to push out on the clips from the underside of the bumper where I can see them, I can't get them to budge. Anyone done this before? Anything obvious I'm missing? The only thing I'm thinking is that the skid plate might be glued or double sided taped. Seems like this should be a 15 minute project and I'm at a loss for what I'm missing to get it to come loose.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what those clips look like, but if they are the 2 piece type like on the link, you need to pop out the center pin to get them to move.
Thanks but those came out easily. It's actually the clips that are built in to the skid plate. On the new one it looks like they just would just snap into the bumper. On the one I'm trying to remove, I can see them on the underside/reverse side of the bumper but when I try to push them out, they just don't budge. So frustrating.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX
4 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to remove skid plate from your 2019 Sorento? I can seem to get mine to budge even though I've removed the hex bolts and the five fasteners along the bottom edge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts