Kia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Sorento LX NOT Harmon Kardom. Speakers suck so I bought new speakers for front and back.
Kicker 46CSS654
CS Series 6-1/2"
Got them off Crutchfield so of course they send all the installation info but the problem is they were out of the proper brackets needed and NO PLACE ANYWHERE has them. Was told do to Covid and there from China. These are what I need and I've tried 2 others that could potentially work and don't. Scosche SAHY651 Speaker Mounting Brackets is what I need. Does anyone know what would work?

· Registered
2019 Sorento LX 2019 Kia Niro PHEV
40 Posts

· Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the Amazon ones didn't fit even after cutting them down a lot. Door just doesn't want to go on correct :(

· Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
2,472 Posts
Everything I've seen shows those SAHY651 brackets are for 14-15 models only, including the Scosche site. Where are you seeing coverage of that adapter for later models?

· Registered
2020 Sorento 3.5 v6 AWD
12 Posts
I've just replaced mine with JBL ones, they came with the mount but it was a very hard fit, I also noticed that there was some water marks on the old speaker brackets which are made like a shield thus, used a jigsaw to remove the stock speakers and installed in the new one on the same brackets, the result was amazing

· Registered
2017 Sorento LX
192 Posts
Does anyone know the stock headunit RMS rating and the impedance of the stock speakers?

Also, could you place a crossover in the door and tap from the midbass for the crossover to send signal to midbass and the tweeter? Or does the tweeter go straight to the hu? As in I can't use a crossover and would need a standard 2 way speaker for the door and a separate tweeter and no crossover?

· Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
2,472 Posts
You have the LX, so I am assuming the basic unit (there are 3 possibilities).
Unless you have the external amp, it's 43W per channel (no THD specified, so as ALWAYS with automotive audio, take the power rating with a HUGE grain of salt) into 4 ohm speakers.

Speakers are spec'd at 20W, 40W peak.

· Registered
2017 Sorento LX
192 Posts
You have the LX, so I am assuming the basic unit (there are 3 possibilities).
Unless you have the external amp, it's 43W per channel (no THD specified, so as ALWAYS with automotive audio, take the power rating with a HUGE grain of salt) into 4 ohm speakers.

Speakers are spec'd at 20W, 40W peak.
I have the 7 inch uvo screen with the basic (non infinity radio). Where did you find that information? But that is helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.