Kia Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
315 Posts
What do you all think of $27, 700 for a new 2019 LX V6 AWD? Another dealership is telling me that’s their best. They had it advertised around $26K online but it’s with all their discounts apparently and I don’t qualify for everything.
I think you've gotten an excellent quote for an AWD version. I'm very happy with the LX trim level, don't want all the electronics that are out there for at least another couple of years (too many issues, albeit minor in most cases but would be annoying to me).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I think you've gotten an excellent quote for an AWD version. I'm very happy with the LX trim level, don't want all the electronics that are out there for at least another couple of years (too many issues, albeit minor in most cases but would be annoying to me).
I don’t care too much for electronics, I was actually thinking about the L trim until I started reading about the 2.4L engine being inferior to the 3.3L one. I don’t know how founded my concern is though.

Do you find the blind spot sensor convenient? That was another perk I liked about the LX over the L.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
315 Posts
The 2018 LX doesn't have the BSW, nothing more than skid control and the backup camera. I guess I'm old school, my mirrors, properly adjusted, are my BSW device as is the head swiveling to look over my shoulder. They don't break (well, the whole neck thing gets more difficult every year :( ). And the BSW only works if you signal your intention to change lanes and it detects a car. Many (maybe most) drivers I see today don't use their signals any more, just blindly change lanes so BSW would do nothing for them since the car doesn't "know" your intention to change lanes. Still, there will come a time when I will want that along with lane departure warning, collision warning but probably never adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
893 Posts
My BSW lights up the little cars in the corner of the side mirrors before I even touch the turn signal. So "only works" is relative, I guess.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
315 Posts
My BSW lights up the little cars in the corner of the side mirrors before I even touch the turn signal. So "only works" is relative, I guess.
According to the owners manual, you don't get an audible warning unless the turn signal is activated. The light in the mirror is nothing but annoying if it comes on every time someone is passing you, or you're passing someone, at 10mph or less. It's why I think these systems need more standardizing before I'm interested in putting them into a vehicle I own. The little light is just crying wolf in my opinion, to the point where your mind will begin to ignore it but the audible will get your attention. If the little light is enough to make you feel safe and so be it, I'll always depend upon a visual survey of traffic before changing lanes, no matter how much technology gets baked into cars and I will never ride in an autonomous vehicle.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
893 Posts
Correct - you do not get an AUDIBLE warning until you hit the stick. But if you are looking at either mirror to change lanes, even before you touch the stick, you'll see the warning there in the mirror.

The little light isn't lying to you or crying wolf -- there's something out there that, if you had been thinking of shifting lanes, needs your attention. Whether or not it is relevant depends upon lots of things, including whether you even intend to change lanes. Moving over a lane into another vehicle, even at 10mph, is going to generate an insurance claim.

It certainly hasn't failed to light up when a lane move would be inadvisable. Is it a substitute for actually looking? Of course not. Why do you assume I would do a stupid thing like that? I have found it helpful as additional input in the event that there's anything that could possibly have escaped my attention.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
315 Posts
Correct - you do not get an AUDIBLE warning until you hit the stick. But if you are looking at either mirror to change lanes, even before you touch the stick, you'll see the warning there in the mirror.

The little light isn't lying to you or crying wolf -- there's something out there that, if you had been thinking of shifting lanes, needs your attention. Whether or not it is relevant depends upon lots of things, including whether you even intend to change lanes. Moving over a lane into another vehicle, even at 10mph, is going to generate an insurance claim.

It certainly hasn't failed to light up when a lane move would be inadvisable. Is it a substitute for actually looking? Of course not. Why do you assume I would do a stupid thing like that? I have found it helpful as additional input in the event that there's anything that could possibly have escaped my attention.
Sorry to quote your whole posts but the only way I can find to eliminate text is to backspace through the whole thing, cut and past doesn't work in this new format.

Didn't mean you, have no idea how you drive, but do mean a lot of drivers on the road today. And to be honest, Colorado had some of the worse we saw although congestion and road construction didn't help any. But I do see a lot of people not checking their mirrors, not signaling, just sliding over, often in the path of an overtaking vehicle. I taught the motorcycle safety course for five years in Virginia and would no longer ride based on how people drive these days.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
893 Posts
Colorado? Just took a weekend trip to MA and had to drive from Logan Airport to Lancaster, MA.
Those folks don't drive, they play bumper cars for big stakes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The 2018 LX doesn't have the BSW, nothing more than skid control and the backup camera. I guess I'm old school, my mirrors, properly adjusted, are my BSW device as is the head swiveling to look over my shoulder. They don't break (well, the whole neck thing gets more difficult every year :( ). And the BSW only works if you signal your intention to change lanes and it detects a car. Many (maybe most) drivers I see today don't use their signals any more, just blindly change lanes so BSW would do nothing for them since the car doesn't "know" your intention to change lanes. Still, there will come a time when I will want that along with lane departure warning, collision warning but probably never adaptive cruise control.
I wasn’t aware that it isn’t standard on the 2018 LX. I believe it is on the 2019. I know many people find it convenient but I’ve always gone without it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It isn’t the LX with the “convenience” package or anything. It’s just the regular which makes me think I’m not getting a deal. They’re quoting another $500 for remote start.
My ,19 SXL came with the remote start and it's not very good, especially because it's a separate key fob. I'd refuse it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve been shopping around for a new 2019 Kia Sorento. I don’t need anything fancy, was only looking for the best price on a 2.4L I-4 LX with FWD. The cheaper the maintenance and fuel costs the better for me.

However, I’ve started second-guessing myself now that I’ve come across a few threads here complaining about the Sorento’s reliability, particularly with the 2.4L I-4 engine.

Should I move up to the 3.3L V6? I want a car I can use for many years to come. I don’t plan on ever doing any towing or anything; I just need a nice, reliable family car.

What do you all suggest?
I bought my 2019 SX witht the 3.3L a year ago and drove the LX with a 2.4 as well. No comparison. Go for the V6 if you can. It's not a screamer by any means but I thought the 2.4 was underpowered and rougher.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,703 Posts
I bought my 2019 SX witht the 3.3L a year ago and drove the LX with a 2.4 as well. No comparison. Go for the V6 if you can. It's not a screamer by any means but I thought the 2.4 was underpowered and rougher.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
My main concern was the prior recalls on the 2.4L engine. I don’t care too much about the additional power aspect of the 3.3L engine, as long as it doesn’t break down on me 😂

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX V6 AWD
456 Posts
I think the only downside to the V6 is that it's harder to work on.. other than that, it's superior to the others I drove. The fuel economy is only slightly lower (to the point where it really doesn't matter), but it's much faster and it sounds grrrrreat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I think the only downside to the V6 is that it's harder to work on.. other than that, it's superior to the others I drove. The fuel economy is only slightly lower (to the point where it really doesn't matter), but it's much faster and it sounds grrrrreat.
Speed and sound don’t play a factor for me either haha

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD in negotiation yet...
71 Posts
You can't calculate the trade into the price since a trade is still something of value and thus must be added back it to get the true cost of the car. Then there is always the issue of how much they hosed you on the trade, often adding a couple thousand back into the dealer on behalf of the dealer. True pricing is a straight up cash sale - no trade, no financing, no BS. Then the buyer decides if the financing is advantageous, is the trade offer fair or is a private sale a better way to go.

So in reality, while you're saying you got your SXL for $27K, you really got it for $39K - a totally different, and far less attractive deal, then when you first presented the numbers.
Thats SAD!!! I knew they gonna trick is, but how couldnt figure out! Thanks bro!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts