Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I’m in the market for a new Kia Sorento. Went to the dealer today and was quoted $27K for a 2019 Kia Sorento LX 2.4L I4 2WD, with 0% APR for up to 75 months through Kia.

The other option was with interest but a $3,000 rebate from Kia, totaling to $24K.

I was just wondering if this was a good price or should I try to persuade them to lower their price?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
896 Posts
Without knowing what options are included, it would be very hard to say WHAT the price should be. There's LX and there's LX with a lot of options included that could make a big difference.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX V6 AWD Conv. Pkg. Tech Pkg.
182 Posts
Why not take the $3,000 rebate, and then pay off the loan right away so you don't incur any interest charges? That's what I did when I bought my 2018.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Without knowing what options are included, it would be very hard to say WHAT the price should be. There's LX and there's LX with a lot of options included that could make a big difference.
It isn’t the LX with the “convenience” package or anything. It’s just the regular which makes me think I’m not getting a deal. They’re quoting another $500 for remote start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not take the $3,000 rebate, and then pay off the loan right away so you don't incur any interest charges? That's what I did when I bought my 2018.
How much did you get yours for? While I do like that idea, I’m still not comfortable with using up a huge chunk of my emergency savings just like that.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
896 Posts
MSRP on a stripper 2.4 LX is only $27,335. They're only offering you the factory incentive, so you're still just about at MSRP (give or take a couple of hundred) with the dealer. Nothing very special about that deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MSRP on a stripper 2.4 LX is only $27,335. They're only offering you the factory incentive, so you're still just about at MSRP (give or take a couple of hundred) with the dealer. Nothing very special about that deal.
Yeah that’s what I thought. What do you think I should shoot for? I’m seeing prices paid as low as $23,000 but I don’t know if those have any rebates included.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
315 Posts
Our 2018 LX V6 FWD with nothing but Homelink and mats added listed at $31,110 and we bought it for 24,726 in August of 2018 with similar rebates in effect. You're being offered almost the exact same price on a 4 banger version of the car if you take the rebate instead of the financing (we paid cash so no financing incentive in our deal) so no, not a good deal unless you really need 75 month financing and have shaky credit where it would cost you a fairly high rate to finance and Kia can slip it through on their 0% program. Otherwise, you have to find the best rate available, do the calculation on finance charges and see if it's more than the $3,000 rebate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Our 2018 LX V6 FWD with nothing but Homelink and mats added listed at $31,110 and we bought it for 24,726 in August of 2018 with similar rebates in effect. You're being offered almost the exact same price on a 4 banger version of the car if you take the rebate instead of the financing (we paid cash so no financing incentive in our deal) so no, not a good deal unless you really need 75 month financing and have shaky credit where it would cost you a fairly high rate to finance and Kia can slip it through on their 0% program. Otherwise, you have to find the best rate available, do the calculation on finance charges and see if it's more than the $3,000 rebate.
This was the kind of example I was looking for, thanks for sharing! I have an excellent credit score and can pay the car in full but I don’t feel comfortable with doing that, so I don’t know if I’ll just take the 0% and try to get a better deal.

May I ask how you convinced them to bring their price down?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts