Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3L LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 2019 Sorento. The driver's side (longer one) 2nd row seat will fold all the way down. But the passenger side 2nd row seat won't fold down, no matter which lever I pull. It slides forward as soon as I pull on the side or top lever, and it leans forward just a little, but it will not fold all the way down. Seems like it shouldn't slide forward when pulling on the top lever, but should just fold forward and down all the way. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
14 Posts
I just checked the 2nd row passenger seat in my Sorento and it just folds flat without moving forward. However, my third row seats are always down to make more room in the back. I seem to remember when we test drove the car that the third row was up and seat you are referencing folded forward some and slid forward so people could access the third row. You might check to see if the position of the third row seats makes a difference.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3L LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 3rd row is completely folded down, so I would assume that the 2nd row would also fold down?

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
488 Posts
I seem to remember someone else having this exact same problem a couple of months ago, might try a search on various key works to see if you can find it. I remember they went to the dealer about it, posted photos here and I think finally got it fixed.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3L LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seem to remember someone else having this exact same problem a couple of months ago, might try a search on various key works to see if you can find it. I remember they went to the dealer about it, posted photos here and I think finally got it fixed.

I think I found that thread, but there's no solution in that thread. If anyone knows how to fix this, would really appreciate any help/direction. Thanks!

·
Registered
'19 Sorento S V6 AWD in Snow White, 2021 Seltos SX turbo AWD
217 Posts
to fold the second row passenger side seat, go to the back of the vehicle and left the gate and on the right side you'll see the lever that you pull.
IMG_20200408_112017633.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3L LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to fold the second row passenger side seat, go to the back of the vehicle and left the gate and on the right side you'll see the lever that you pull.
I tried that, and it does the same thing as pulling on the lever on the side of the seat - the seat only folds forward a little bit. However, pulling the lever on the drivers side causes that seat to fold all the way down.

There must be something wrong with the mechanism on my passenger seat side. If anyone has any idea how to fix it, I would appreciate any advice!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did the above post from my phone and things don't always work as planned. LIFT (not left) the rear gate and on the right side, sort of behind the seatbelt is the lever that you pull and it will drop the passenger side second row seat.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3L LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did the above post from my phone and things don't always work as planned. LIFT (not left) the rear gate and on the right side, sort of behind the seatbelt is the lever that you pull and it will drop the passenger side second row seat.
Thanks for the clarification. Again, I did that, and it didn't work. My mechanism must be damaged. Any advice on how to fix this myself would be appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I tried that, and it does the same thing as pulling on the lever on the side of the seat - the seat only folds forward a little bit. However, pulling the lever on the drivers side causes that seat to fold all the way down.

There must be something wrong with the mechanism on my passenger seat side. If anyone has any idea how to fix it, I would appreciate any advice!
I just tried mine again. When I pull that lever, the seatback only goes forward a few inches, but then I lean into the car give it a push and it falls forward. That's the best I can do. Maybe something is wrong with yours.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,244 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Again, I did that, and it didn't work. My mechanism must be damaged. Any advice on how to fix this myself would be appreciated.
For a 2019 that would clearly still be under warranty, I'd definitely make it the dealer's problem.

·
Registered
Sorento 2015 LX 2.4 AWD, Suzuki 2011 SX4 AWD, ( 2000 KIA Sportage, junked)
478 Posts
I recently bought a used 2019 Sorento. ...
So..new to the forum..you should fill up your profile/signature and enter more details about car, engine, mileage, trim, location, 3row, AWD?, special options...etc...so we do not start blind or have to ask questions when you come back. Precise details make relevant replies come easier.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have you tried it with someone helping you? As in one person pushing down on the seatback while the other person is pulling that lever out. You may have already tried that but I thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3L LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you tried it with someone helping you? As in one person pushing down on the seatback while the other person is pulling that lever out. You may have already tried that but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Yes, I've tried. The problem is that as soon as you move the lever, the seat moves forward, and then bends slightly forward. It is supposed to only bend forward, not slide forward. My drivers side does it correctly, but the passenger side doesn't.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,244 Posts
What happens if you prevent it from moving forward, then try pushing down? The former may preclude the latter, just as it would if you tried the levers in sequence to cause the seat to move forward before trying to flatten it.
Still sounds like a dandy problem for the dealership.

·
Registered
2019 sorento sx
2 Posts
I am having this exact same problem with my 2019 sorento. I haven’t brought it in yet as I felt there was something I was missing but was anything ever figured out here?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
22 Posts
I took a look at our 2019 Sorento and couldn't make it misbehave. It didn't matter how the seat was positioned, if the lever was lifted the seat would fold. I'd let them take a look at it, it shouldn't behave like that.

·
Registered
2019 sorento sx
2 Posts
I took a look at our 2019 Sorento and couldn't make it misbehave. It didn't matter how the seat was positioned, if the lever was lifted the seat would fold. I'd let them take a look at it, it shouldn't behave like that.
Thanks for the confirmation. I’ll have to book it in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts