Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to determine if they all sound like crap or just mine?

Turning the radio up and the sound isn't the greatest but it's okay. Intermittently though, and I'm talking about every few mins, the quality cuts out and it sounds like a cheap Bluetooth speaker that comes free in a case of beer. Regardless if you turn it up or down, still sounds very monotone and no depth to the music at all. Than it'll come back to its subpar usual sound but soon after go back to its mono sound.

19 LX w/o the infinity system (sadly)

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,327 Posts
I assume that we're talking about FM stations? Does this occur even on locally strong FM stations as well as weaker ones? Sounds as though you are losing the multiplex signal. What does AM sound like?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup .. AM .. FM .. Local stations and far away ... It'll be "ok" than almost go tinny and sound like a cheap little speaker ... Does it no matter what volume level and both when the Sorentos stopped or driving.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K tried today. The USB cable (or port) absolutely sucks and loses connection very easily so it's tough to even get something to play. However, while playing using Bluetooth, it's perfect ... YouTube music sounds GREAT .. bass, volume and it doesn't sound hollow. Oddly enough, Spotify plays at a much lower volume ... Even turned up all the way, it's only half as loud as YouTube, but that is likely the app vs the radio.

So to answer your reply, it only seems to cut out and sound "monotone" when using the radio stations.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento
106 Posts
It sounds like the sound quality issue is the radio stations and probably poor reception, and nothing wrong with the vehicle. I don't use radio since there are no good stations near me, but the MP3 sound from my flash drive is excellent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts