Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 KIa Sorento LX V6, 2015 Kia Optima LX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2019 Kia Sorento LX V6. The power windows are insane. They put the auto function on every window, and there is no way to take that off. When you try to lower or raise the windows, they go into full auto. There's a difficult way to get around this by tapping the very rear of the button real fast, or it will go into full auto. This is so stupid. There should be a cut off switch for the full auto mode. It's really hard not to hit the switch for auto. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
131 Posts
I'm not familiar with your particular car, but generally there are two detents for each window switch. The first detent is for manually opening/closing the window, then pressing or lifting the switch into the second detent is for auto opening/closing the window. When the window is in motion when it is auto opening/closing all you do to stop it is move the switch in the opposite direction to which the glass is moving. Every make & model of car I've worked on with auto windows has worked in that way. I'd be very surprised if your Sorento isn't also "supposed" to work like that. It's a 2019 car, so maybe you should pop in at your local Kia dealer and ask them to check it for you. If the windows aren't working as they should that would be something the dealer would be able to repair under warranty.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,302 Posts
I'm not familiar with your particular car...
Which, unfortunately, is why the advice you supplied isn't going to help this particular owner. There are not two positions on these switches. The only way to work these is with a very fast bump, or a quick reverse at the preferred opening position. I think the logic on the older models was better in this regard. This generation allows for only the briefest of touches before it goes full up/down.

·
Registered
Sorento SX FWD 2015
306 Posts
The Shadow.. This is funny, both my 26 year old Camaro and 13 year old GMC Envoy have the same style window switches as your 2019. I am so used to taping the window switch momentary multiple times to get the windows partially up-down, and holding for full up/down operation, it comes naturally after a while. My 2015 SX has the two position (manual/auto) switches.. You wanna swap systems.. :). (only joking)

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX
111 Posts
Which, unfortunately, is why the advice you supplied isn't going to help this particular owner. There are not two positions on these switches. The only way to work these is with a very fast bump, or a quick reverse at the preferred opening position. I think the logic on the older models was better in this regard. This generation allows for only the briefest of touches before it goes full up/down.
My 2019 EX has two position switches for both directions. First stop is manual control, full travel invokes one touch. Does Kia use different switches on the cheaper models?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
367 Posts
My 2019 EX has two position switches for both directions. First stop is manual control, full travel invokes one touch. Does Kia use different switches on the cheaper models?
Same on my Canadian 2017 SX ! Note sure why it would be different on a LX model.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,302 Posts
What's weird is that the wiring diagram for the LX shows the triple switch arrangement, but either the diagrams are overly generous in their assumptions, or the control modules don't work that way for some reason.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 3.3L
71 Posts
mine don't feel like complete positions, more like a full click goes 'auto' and getting to the 'click' is momentary actuation. I can do the windows in that manner, but it takes a light touch and can be frustrating

·
Registered
2016 sorento ex v6 awd wisconsin
19 Posts
After awhile it becomes much easier.
My 2007 v6 rav4, which I loved and was super reliable, the window controls were much harder to control.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento AWD V6 EX-Sangria with stone beige leather
51 Posts
My 19 EX works like the OP said.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
523 Posts
My 2018 LX has push/pull switches for the windows, only the drivers is auto and that switch has a distinct detent for manual up and down and a full push gets you auto. My wife goes past the detent position every time, I find it easy to hit.

·
Registered
2019 KIa Sorento LX V6, 2015 Kia Optima LX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This car's windows were so poorly designed they are a safety hazard. All 4 windows are all automatic up and down, cannot stop them once button is pushed. Can't open or close windows part of the way. Took the car to a Kia dealer on 6-26-20, was told they can't do anything about it, that's the way it was designed. Then I found out there is a class action lawsuit over this. Here is the link to the law firm handling it.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX+ 2016
97 Posts
This car's windows were so poorly designed they are a safety hazard. All 4 windows are all automatic up and down, cannot stop them once button is pushed. Can't open or close windows part of the way. Took the car to a Kia dealer on 6-26-20, was told they can't do anything about it, that's the way it was designed. Then I found out there is a class action lawsuit over this. Here is the link to the law firm handling it.

You didn't provide a link to the article, and the only one I could find in that site was in Spanish. Everything about this site gives me "Ambulance Chaser" vibes and I don't trust it. I feel even dirty browsing this site.

Albeit there may be a valid issue, I'll have to get a raw carrot and try it out on my vehicles, like the web site says to see how that performs. I have a Subaru as well so I expect that to perform well.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
565 Posts
I have a 2019 LX with the 4 cyl. I doubt the switches are any different on the V6. It’s a simple matter to stop the auto up/down by pressing the switch in the opposite direction then letting go. It doesn’t have no way of stopping it from going automatically full open or close.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts