Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SLI 4X4 2.2L Diesel8 speed automatic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hoping someone can pls shed some light on this issue. When I turn off my AC and leave the vent to fresh air intake, it blows extremely hot air. For example the outside ambient temp could be 20DegC and yet the fresh air vent is blowing 35DegC? Is this related to climate control, despite the AC being off? I have tried turning the AC temp down to LOW even though I am not engaging the AC, in case this is having an effect on climate control? It is also inconsistent and only happens about 70% of the time, and of course never when I've had it booked for a service. The dealership haven't been able to shed any light and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the settings for climate control? so the only way to stop the hot air is to set the vent to recirculation even when the AC is off just to stop the hot air. Would appreciate any insight.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,730 Posts
At 20C, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the overzealous defogging system was attempting to avoid moisture on the windshield, crazy as that sounds. There's a couple of threads on the topic in the forum here. You have a funny little 'vented' more or less rectangular box to the side of your rear view mirror? That's the humidity sensor.

The only way to truly get manual control over the system (assume it works the same in Aus) is to Just lean on the front defrost button for a bit - something like five seconds - until it blinks. Until you disconnect the system from power (e.g., disconnect the battery) it will remain in true manual mode from thereon.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
73 Posts
It sure does sound like the infamous auto defogger. If you press on your climate button and the word auto pops up on the screen for defog/defrost, that means its on and it wont let you do much else unless you turn the temp all the way down to low. Thats a pain. So as mentioned, hold down the front window defrost button for 5 seconds. It should blink and when done, just let go. Now when you press the climate button the 'auto' wording should have disappeared and you have full control of your settings.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
167 Posts
My Sorento was also blowing hot air. It turned out to be my wife. Got divorced, problem solved.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
64 Posts
The air intake for the vent system is under the cowl (rear of engine compartment, front of windshield). It's picking up heated air from the engine compartment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts