Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Rio LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, first time poster, so please bear with me. I could not find this anywhere in the forum before posting this.

I bought my 2019 Kia Rio LX in Rockwall, TX August 2019 after having a 2010 Forte, which I liked quite a bit and a short stint with a Ford Focus, which I did not care for. Anyway, the only thing I have disliked about the Rio is the small fuel tank, which always fills up only to about 10 gallons total. I have great fuel mileage, but fueling up so often is still a pain. I just read last week that my fuel tank is actually supposed to be 11.9 gallons and confirmed this with my dealership. I told them I would keep an eye on it before bringing it in.

Yesterday, I got my fuel range on the computer display down to 25 miles remaining and went to fill it up. 9.25 gallons filled it to the top and I still squeezed the pump handle 2-3 more times for good measure. There are 1.5 - 2.0 gallons unaccounted for. I fuel up every week, so this is not an infrequent event.

Has anybody experienced this or something similar? I am afraid to let my gauge go below zero, but want to eliminate the computer in my troubleshooting endeavor.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Rio LX Sedan auto trans
25 Posts
I’ve gotten 10 gallons in our 2018 so far. I kept driving for awhile after the low fuel light came on. I can’t remember how many miles that got me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Kia Rio LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve gotten 10 gallons in our 2018 so far. I kept driving for awhile after the low fuel light came on. I can’t remember how many miles that got me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply, JasonK94Z!

According to MotorTrend, your 2018 should also have the 11.9 fuel tank capacity. I guess I'll have the dealership check it out whenever I have them check my creaky windshield (a minor annoyance and makes noises near the dash when I hit bumps). Both can wait until my next oil change. I'd be interested in hearing more stories. I saw a headline about a recent Toyota recall because of a similar, yet more drastic issue where their cutoff was at 8 gallons although their fuel tank was over 12 gallons and it got me thinking.

I get about 33 mpg, so I assume I could go about that far after my fuel range hits zero, but I'm not likely to test that theory, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts