Kia Forum banner

2019 Kia Forte (Brake Interlock button stuck)

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rio-t 
#1 ·
Looking for help! Push button start 2019 Kia Forte with brake interlock system. Button pushed in and will go into all gears, but won't go into Park and release the button. It let's me turn the car off but beats that it's not in park. I can leave the key fob in the car and it stops beeping. How can I get the button to release to hold shifter in Park?

Help!

#2 ·
On a 2015 forte there is a solenoid which controls the break lock. (this is a push button model I am referring to). So the shift assembly wiring harness has this solenoid. Perhaps it is not operating. I can post a pic of this if necessary. That would be an easy inspection once the center console is removed. Now, if it is not working, that dose not mean it is bad, it could mean it is not being told to operate. I believe, perhaps someone can jump in here, but I believe that solenoid is controlled by a sensor on the break pedal that can be seen easily (I can also post a pic if needed) to ensure the sensor is operating, depress the break pedal, and make sure the sensor (a pressure switch) is moving with the pedal. There is a tension ratchet on the sensor that may need adjusted. I hope that came out as well as I meant, if not just ask.

Reactions: jw.finkler
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.