Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Cerato GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
In March I picked up my 2019 Kia Cerato GT Hatch, I love it and in Australia we have 7 year/unlimited km warranty on the whole car and my dealer upgraded me to 10 years/unlimited km warranty so I am not bothered by this however. Just today I found that the boot (trunk, we call it boot in Australia hehe) will not open. Whether you attempt to open it via the Key, or button on the back of the tailgate, nothing happens, no click sound or anything, as if the button or the electronic latcher thing has failed. Little bit sad for a new car with less then 9000km and I haven't heard anyone with this issue before but yeah. I have crawled into the back and used the little interior manual release thing and the boot does open however after shutting it, it again will not open.

If anyone has any idea's as to why this could be or if there might be an easy fix please tell me, if there is any info I left out let me know! Also sorry if this is the wrong thread, this is the second time I have ever used this forum.

Thank You!
James

·
Registered
2017 Forté 5 SX
93 Posts
Hello!
In March I picked up my 2019 Kia Cerato GT Hatch, I love it and in Australia we have 7 year/unlimited km warranty on the whole car and my dealer upgraded me to 10 years/unlimited km warranty so I am not bothered by this however. Just today I found that the boot (trunk, we call it boot in Australia hehe) will not open. Whether you attempt to open it via the Key, or button on the back of the tailgate, nothing happens, no click sound or anything, as if the button or the electronic latcher thing has failed. Little bit sad for a new car with less then 9000km and I haven't heard anyone with this issue before but yeah. I have crawled into the back and used the little interior manual release thing and the boot does open however after shutting it, it again will not open.

If anyone has any idea's as to why this could be or if there might be an easy fix please tell me, if there is any info I left out let me know! Also sorry if this is the wrong thread, this is the second time I have ever used this forum.

Thank You!
James
James, my 2017 Forté 5SX periodically has a similar problem. Initially I attempted fob, hand latch, pulling and resetting the appropriate fuse, chanting technical terms (swearing)... no luck. Next day it opened just fine. A bit of silicon spray on the solenoid arm and it has not repeated the symptoms. I hope this helps your resolution.

USA, NE Ohio
2017 Kia Forté 5SX 1.6L turbo 6-speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Kia Cerato GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, if anyone else see's this thread. I have got this fixed. Whilst it wasn't showing on the Kia website (hmmm) there is a recall for my car (campaign 190060) which replaces the tailgate switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts