Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a major problem but it's annoying. I adjust my Sorento EX speakers to distribute sound about equally between the front and rear speakers. After a while, usually a few days it changes itself to where almost all of the power is directed to the rear speakers. I constantly have to change it back. Has anyone else experienced this and is there any remedy for it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
press the reset button. I had my radio go wonky where the volume knob would only control phone volume. nothing else.

reset the radio and 2 minutes later it was perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2019 Sorento SX. I set it to center and the sound position moves towards rear after a few days. It is really annoying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was searching on google for this issue, and found this TSB for 2019 Sorento on carcomplaints dot com.

TSB #PS573_R1
NHTSA ID #10155380
Summary: PITSTOP: SOUND SETTINGS (FADER) MOVES TO REAR - This bulletin has been revised to include additional information. This Pitstop provides information related to sound settings (fader) which may alter the default sound position settings.

I don’t know the details of the TSB. Is there a way to see the TSBs ? It looks like Kia Stinger has the same problem too and a TSB out. Lookup "PS573: Sound Settings (Fader) Moves To Rear" on google . Reading the comments on one the stinger forums, it seems like the solution is to replace the entire head unit :( . Someone there has a Stinger and a 2019 Sorento, and both have the problem.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was searching on google for this issue, and found this TSB for 2019 Sorento on carcomplaints dot com.

TSB #PS573_R1
NHTSA ID #10155380
Summary: PITSTOP: SOUND SETTINGS (FADER) MOVES TO REAR - This bulletin has been revised to include additional information. This Pitstop provides information related to sound settings (fader) which may alter the default sound position settings.

I don’t know the details of the TSB. Is there a way to see the TSBs ? It looks like Kia Stinger has the same problem too and a TSB out. Lookup "PS573: Sound Settings (Fader) Moves To Rear" on google . Reading the comments on one the stinger forums, it seems like the solution is to replace the entire head unit :( . Someone there has a Stinger and a 2019 Sorento, and both have the problem.
Thanks for the information. That TSB wasn't included on Kia's TSB website list. I'll ask my dealer about it.
Kia Sorento Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) - Kia Problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts