Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forte EX Premium 2.0
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the forte forums site a few days ago with no luck or good answers so ill take a shot here.
So my girlfriend and I bought a ex premium when we took ownership it was too bright outside to notice but on our way home (unlit rural roads) I noticed something weird with the projector cutoff line (the circle dips in the pictures)
I’m used to seeing a step down and i never noticed this when we had a forte ex+ as a rental a couple months ago. I really hope this is not supposed to be like this because it is extremely annoying
Window Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Building
Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grass

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Id like to also note it was in an accident prior to us buying it so if the accident could be the reason for this that would be great to know
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Hood

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX 2.4GDI Dark Cherry
15 Posts
Headlights on every KIA I've ever owned are terrible. Worst headlights of any brand car I've ever owned. Almost hate them enough to where I doubt I get another KIA just because of it.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
1,179 Posts
Could the previous owner have installed LED headlight bulbs? Some of them have pretty poor patterns from projector headlight fixtures. Easy to check, just take one of the bulbs out and inspect it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could the previous owner have installed LED headlight bulbs? Some of them have pretty poor patterns from projector headlight fixtures. Easy to check, just take one of the bulbs out and inspect it.
they're the factory leds that the car comes with if im not mistaken

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Maybe this explains it?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
FWIW, I find very few 2019 Forte models that had factory LED headlights, are you sure these aren't add-on's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe this explains it?
carfax that came with the car came back clean with no recalls but that came to mind too. and for the led not being in many what ive read online the base ex and anything above came with leds in the projectors 2019 Kia Forte in Canada - Canadian Prices, Trims, Specs, Photos, Recalls | AutoTrader.ca

it is going back to the dealer in a few weeks to finish up the work from the accident (smart cruise control and forward collision warning still broken) so i guess i'll bring it up with them, was just hoping this for sure wasnt supposed to look like this because that dip is extremely annoying
thanks for your input though

·
Registered
Stinger 2022
7 Posts
Not sure why this bothers others. I have had Infiniti for years and my Q60 is similar. My 2022 Stinger the lights move left/right with steering so these dips move when steering. Not noticeable at higher speed but slow on back roads very noticeable. Q60 does same.
Biggest problem I had the low beams were set so low that driving at night was dangerous, could only see 2 to 3 car lengths ahead. Dealer of course gave me a hard time - they are in spec, aren’t adjustable etc🤫. Finally pressured them into raising them up. Now it’s great, really satisfied.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Odd, my add-on LASFIT LED bulbs have no issues at all with dead spots in the lighting pattern.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts