Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 EX. It is missing the chrome trim over the drive door. Has chrome on all other doors, and the other section of the driver door, just not the top. Is this something I can have added? Anyone have an idea of pricing? Looks pretty odd without it.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage SX
771 Posts
Just bought a 2019 EX. It is missing the chrome trim over the drive door. Has chrome on all other doors, and the other section of the driver door, just not the top. Is this something I can have added? Anyone have an idea of pricing? Looks pretty odd without it.
If this is a brand new car, why didn't it come up during the delivery inspection?

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I think to say there was a delivery inspection would be an overstatement. It was 45 minutes after they closed and I think were just anxious to go, and I take part responsibility for not noticing but we had been there for 3 hours and my head was swimming. So, back to the question, this is something that can be fixed one way or another, right?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage SX
771 Posts
The dealer should make it right, especially considering delivery took place so late, and it was missed. when you pay a new vehicle price, you deserve a complete vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
QUOTE=pcguy;1993258]The dealer should make it right, especially considering delivery took place so late, and it was missed. when you pay a new vehicle price, you deserve a complete vehicle.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'll be calling them first Monday morning. I just wanted to make sure it's not something I have to live with for the next however many years and was fixable one way or another.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. You all are going to think I have absolutely no brains in my head. I went out to the car yesterday morning to check something else, and notice it looked like there was a tiny sliver of chrome on the driver door...so I looked a little closer...turns out, there was a black rubber protective strip on top of the chrome that I needed to peel off! I felt so stupid! All I can say is I was so overwhelmed on Saturday that I must have lost my sense for the day!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
Ok. You all are going to think I have absolutely no brains in my head. I went out to the car yesterday morning to check something else, and notice it looked like there was a tiny sliver of chrome on the driver door...so I looked a little closer...turns out, there was a black rubber protective strip on top of the chrome that I needed to peel off! I felt so stupid! All I can say is I was so overwhelmed on Saturday that I must have lost my sense for the day!
One time or another it happens to all of us so enjoy that new car . Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts