Kia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento 2.4 EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone changed/upgraded the bulbs in their 2019 Sorento?

I have the 2.4ex and I find the bulbs not great so looking to upgrade to something brighter.

Anyone got any recommendations for Canada bulbs?

Thanks

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
917 Posts
Would be nice if you mentioned bulb type.
I'm running Katana LEDs in low beams in Forte and Sportage and am happy with them (after trying a few other makes), got them off US Amazon.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento 2.4 EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I'm mainly looking to upgrade my low beams, and preferably to LED's.

I'll take a look at Katana LED's on Amazon.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,264 Posts
So I'm mainly looking to upgrade my low beams, and preferably to LED's.

I'll take a look at Katana LED's on Amazon.
The beam alignment is seldom good with LED's and being on the low beams it would be blinding oncoming traffic - I encounter such morons on my daily commute at 6am.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,441 Posts
Verify what you actually have. I doubt its Halogen and could be HID. Mine was LED factory and the manual isn't necessarily correct as it doesn't specify builds. You have to know what is there or pull one out and make a note, take photo as well as number (part used )

·
Registered
917 Posts
The beam alignment is seldom good with LED's and being on the low beams it would be blinding oncoming traffic - I encounter such morons on my daily commute at 6am.
I agree with Ron here, many people simply swap bulbs without ever checking before and after beam alignment. The worst are reflector type headlights that are not focusing light properly.

When I swapped bulbs in my two cars I was lucky I didn't have to adjust beam height but took my time adjusting each for horizontal spread. Both cars have projector lens low beams.
I kept original halogens in high beams as the light spectrum is better suited (penetrates) for fog/rain rather than pure white.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
191 Posts
I have a 2019 EX 3.3 v6 and changed the headlights and fog lights to LEDs and they work great. The difference is night and day and it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
2,071 Posts
I have a 2019 EX 3.3 v6 and changed the headlights and fog lights to LEDs and they work great. The difference is night and day and it's an easy fix.
First off, we hereby deduct 9-1/2 Kia-Forums.com points for the bad pun!

Now, let us know whose headlight products you used, how they were to install, and what adjustment procedures you used once they were in to get a good pattern.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0 tGDI AWD
227 Posts
As a fellow canadian, i appreciate having good headlights. I've done this on multiple vehicles to improve my headlights. I use the Sylvania xtravision in both the high and low beam. makes a HUGE difference. I just wait for them to come on sale at Canadian Tire and get the ones i need for my vehicles.

the hassle of going to HID or LED and the possibility of issues down the line is not what i want to induce in myself. i rely on my vehicle for both work, and for personal. right now i'm driving more when it's still dark out due ot starting work either early, or late. never had an issue with these. And they are not harsh for oncoming drivers either, which is a plus.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Philips X-treme Vision are also excellent halogen bulbs and can be had cheaper than Sylvania while possibly even a little brighter. The issue is those extra bright halogens don't last as long as LEDs and not as bright. I think the best mod I made on my Kias was switching to low beam LEDs.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
1,181 Posts
While I hear a lot about how bad it is to put LED's in the halogen fixtures, I had no issues with poor lighting or getting them aimed properly. The hardest part was finding a truly level spot with a building 25 feet away with a flat light colored wall. I ended up with much better lighting down the road and also more light at the side of the road which is important in deer country, I want to see them coming! I used LASFIT bulbs, they worked perfectly the first time with no CANBUS errors and no extra resistors. At least for my 2020 Sorento, they fit perfectly and had plenty of room inside the dust cover of the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,441 Posts
I used both X-treme vision bulbs and lasted as long as I owned the vehicle. Never blew.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts