Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
96 Posts
My local dealer said that they wouldn't get any Stingers until around the November timeframe. But how knows. Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Due in Australian showrooms late September/early October . . . or so we have been led to believe.
We will only get rear wheel drive though. They are telling us it has to do with the steering wheel being on the right hand side!!! Wouldn't mind betting Kia Aust is hedging their bets and waiting for a later update to include AWD.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Further to the above . . . have been told that ALL 400+ Stingers in the first shipment to Australia have been spoken for. Get your order in now for delivery in March '18.
My dealer has ONE show vehicle (not demonstrator) coming to their showroom late and "I may be able to give you a viewing soon."

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
863 units were built for export in August. These can go anywhere in the world, except South Korea where they built 709 for their local market.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anywhere with left hand drive in the world?....
depends on the market they are being export too - UK and Australia will be receiving this model at some point.

·
Registered
593 Posts
depends on the market they are being export too - UK and Australia will be receiving this model at some point.
Ours are here! but as mentioned in my previous comment they have all been spoken for (400+ on the first shipment). Australia, it seems, misses out on the all wheel drive, opting instead for rear wheel drive only. Some say it's because AWD hasn't been engineered (yet) for RHD, others suggest that the Aussie market is only interested in RWD.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
massive production increase in the Stinger for October where they built 3,297 units for export.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I've seen on YouTube that they are starting to arrive at some dealers in the US.

they sold 416 Stingers in Europe in October.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
massive production increase in the Stinger for October where they built 3,297 units for export.
that pales by Novembers production where they built 5,472 units for export :)

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in December they built 4,151 units for export.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts