Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX Turbo - FWD
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

At random times when driving my 2018 Sportage SX, the head unit will suddenly reboot to a black screen. At this point, the head unit will either remain stuck on the UVO screen or after a minute I get the confirmation screen and it might reboot once again. Happens when listening to the radio or Apple CarPlay. My car has 39,900 miles and the electronics are no longer covered.

Is there a quick fix? If not, how much should a replacement head unit cost me at the dealer? I have installed the latest software from a few months ago.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX 2.0L Turbo AWD
88 Posts
Hi All,

At random times when driving my 2018 Sportage SX, the head unit will suddenly reboot to a black screen. At this point, the head unit will either remain stuck on the UVO screen or after a minute I get the confirmation screen and it might reboot once again. Happens when listening to the radio or Apple CarPlay. My car has 39,900 miles and the electronics are no longer covered.

Is there a quick fix? If not, how much should a replacement head unit cost me at the dealer? I have installed the latest software from a few months ago.

Thanks.
Before you blow money on something you have a guy up there Ivan from Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics. It would be worth it for you to have him at least verify that's what's wrong. He has a youtube channel and is one of the best for figuring out problems instead of just replacing parts.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage EX
1,823 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks.
Most of the firmware for your unit is located in flash memory. So fixes are done with software upgrades. If the SD card reboot doesn't solve the issue, and you haven't done an upgrade from Kia, you should get an upgrade and a new SD card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts