Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sportage EX FWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just ordered the remote start kit (D9F57 AC401) for my 2018 Kia Sportage.

I found the install guide for a 2017 Sportage (Anything changed with 2018 model?) online and was looking througt it prior to the kit's arrival and had a couple of questions.

The guide mentions a "Hood Release Handle Removal Tool" is required - anyone know what this as a google search didn't turn up anything. Just want to make sure I have any tools I need once it arrives as it's already starting to get quite chilly here :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,

I just ordered the remote start kit (D9F57 AC401) for my 2018 Kia Sportage.

I found the install guide for a 2017 Sportage (Anything changed with 2018 model?) online and was looking througt it prior to the kit's arrival and had a couple of questions.

The guide mentions a "Hood Release Handle Removal Tool" is required - anyone know what this as a google search didn't turn up anything. Just want to make sure I have any tools I need once it arrives as it's already starting to get quite chilly here :)

Thanks!
Never heard of such a tool ? Do you have a link to the install guide you found for the 2017. Our dealer wants $699 installed. I can get the genuine KIA kit less than half that. Dealer states if self installed it would probably be a warranty issue if something happens. Supposedly the KIA system is plug & play so It should be able to be removed quick. Would like to check out the install guide just to see what's involved.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sportage EX FWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of such a tool ? Do you have a link to the install guide you found for the 2017. Our dealer wants $699 installed. I can get the genuine KIA kit less than half that. Dealer states if self installed it would probably be a warranty issue if something happens. Supposedly the KIA system is plug & play so It should be able to be removed quick. Would like to check out the install guide just to see what's involved.
Read through the rest of the isntructions and it says an 8mm deep well socket will also do the trick. Yeah, I got mine on ebay for $325 and plan on doing it myself. All plug and play so not too concerned with warranty.

Attaching the guide I found for the 2017 model, guessing not much changed for the 2018 model.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Read through the rest of the isntructions and it says an 8mm deep well socket will also do the trick. Yeah, I got mine on ebay for $325 and plan on doing it myself. All plug and play so not too concerned with warranty.

Attaching the guide I found for the 2017 model, guessing not much changed for the 2018 model.
The push button start instructions looks easy. On the key start models you have to take the steering column cover off to get to plugs in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts