Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a remote alarm or remote start system installed in their Rios?

If so, did you go with an aftermarket system or did you do it through the dealership?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, turns out I can't edit. I meant to ask, did you get it installed through somebody else or through the dealership? and is there an OEM system available or did you go with an aftermarket system?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio EX Sport
5 Posts
Hey,

When I bought my 2018 EX Sport I was originally considering an LX. I asked about the remote starter and it was a $300-$400 option at the time. I can't remember the exact price but it was somewhere around there.

The salesperson I talked to said the provision to add a remote starter is already in the car. They just have to plug in something and pair the remote to it. It can be done in a couple of minutes.

I'm not sure if it is that simple if you have a manual transmission. Additional sensors might need to be added. You would have to talk to your dealership.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Rio Lx
81 Posts
I have the Viper one way remote start installed in my 2016 Rio. I bought it and had it installed by Best Buy. I can either hit my lock button on the key three times to start it or use the little fob that came with the unit. All together it cost me $220. Very happy with it and comes in great use during the winter. They also installed a reader on the factory outside temp sensor and when it’s 35 degrees and below the rear defrost turns on when remote stary

·
Registered
2016 Kia Rio Lx
81 Posts
I looked into the one sold and installed by Kia and in the end the cost was over $600 for them to do it. Since I had bought it and had it done at Best Buy the unit and installation is warranty for as long as I own the vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts