Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 kia sportage ex
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
someone tried to brake into my car and broke the small rubber button on my door that you press to open and close the car.
do you know what the name of the part is and where i can find specific one?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
260 Posts
You're not going to find that pad unless someone in china found a way to clone it and they were in demand. (unlikely)

at least it's a chrome handle not needing paint. Best to use your VIN and check the correct number, could be something like this one.82651-D9710 ?

Used off a wreck?

·
Registered
2017 SPORTAGE SX
54 Posts
Mine fell off on it's own. Passenger door. I have to make an appt. My rear passenger window also stopped working. I am guessing the cable broke. I hear the window motor but nada. Now every single door has had something break. Kia's are really POS. I have had so many little things break that do not break on other cars. There is reason why Kia gives you all these bells and whistles for a lot less. I will never buy one again. I only have 22000 on a 17 so it's not even driven much. It's great they fix everything for 10 years but damn. Build a reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
2018 kia sportage ex
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're not going to find that pad unless someone in china found a way to clone it and they were in demand. (unlikely)

at least it's a chrome handle not needing paint. Best to use your VIN and check the correct number, could be something like this one.82651-D9710 ?

Used off a wreck?

thank you this fixed the issue

·
Registered
2018 kia sportage ex
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine fell off on it's own. Passenger door. I have to make an appt. My rear passenger window also stopped working. I am guessing the cable broke. I hear the window motor but nada. Now every single door has had something break. Kia's are really POS. I have had so many little things break that do not break on other cars. There is reason why Kia gives you all these bells and whistles for a lot less. I will never buy one again. I only have 22000 on a 17 so it's not even driven much. It's great they fix everything for 10 years but damn. Build a reliable vehicle.
I bought the handle as mentioned by previous comments and replaced it in 10 minutes.
just remember the handle is a generic color so you have to either paint it or see if you can swap the color part from old car

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
714 Posts
There is reason why Kia gives you all these bells and whistles for a lot less. I will never buy one again. I only have 22000 on a 17 so it's not even driven much. It's great they fix everything for 10 years but damn. Build a reliable vehicle.
I've owned four Kia's over around 20 years, and I've had a totally different experience with several hundred thousand miles total experience with them.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
1,099 Posts
I've owned four Kia's over around 20 years, and I've had a totally different experience with several hundred thousand miles total experience with them.
63,000 trouble free miles on my 2017 Sportage SX. I would buy another Kia again without hesitation.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,569 Posts
Other than some rattles and road noise, I've had no issues. Most of those rattles have gone away over time. Perhaps the loose stuff found a place to settle. Road noise is common in less expensive cars, and for 99% of the time, it doesn't bother me. This would not prevent me from buying another Kia, nor would it encourage me to do so. I'll find the best car at the time no matter what brand it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts