Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 rio5 lx
71 Posts
have u tried crutchfeild yet? car is still new they may not have even did a write up yet on that car. im sure some of the plastic trim surrounding the radio pop out with a little pry bar., but best to know exactly where before u go snapping anything

·
Registered
Rio 5 Door 2018
7 Posts
found a tutorial as well on how to remove the steering wheel airbag from the same uploader. which helped me removed mine. Unfortunately the audio controls did not work. Though the lights on the buttons illuminates and synchronizing with the rest of the lights in the dashboard. I have the same stock radio/stereo on the above video which got me thinking maybe its not support by the radio? or the buttons simply defective? (in-spite of the buttons backlight is working?) should i replace the clock spring?

·
Registered
Rio 5 Door 2018
7 Posts
to those who owns 2017/2018 Rio HB, please let me know if the stock radio supports steering wheel audio controls. If yes, then i would have to order again which would take almost a month of waiting before being shipped in my country.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Rio (YB)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello!
I'm back again. Multimedia installation succeeded.
However, the USB connector on the dashboard does not work now. That's why I need to name the factory radio harness connector feet. Can anyone help me with this? The numbers shown in the picture are the feet of the original radio connector.

Thank you...

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 KIA Rio (YB)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Left 35-foot connector:

2. Red
4. Blue
5. Pink / Orange
6. Yellow
10. Red / Black
11. Red / Black
12. Black
13. Black
15. Black
18. White / Black
19. Gray
22. Orange

Right 38-foot connector:

1. Red
2. Blue
3. Black / Orange
4. White
5. Black
6. Yellow
10. Gray
11. Orange
12. Pink
13. White
14. Brown
15. Yellow / Black
16. Black
24. Blue
25. Black / Orange
26. Gray / Black
27. Orange / Black
28. Green

And the picture on the right connector's 35-th leg is wrong.
That's really the 38-foot.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Rio (YB)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to those who owns 2017/2018 Rio HB, please let me know if the stock radio supports steering wheel audio controls. If yes, then i would have to order again which would take almost a month of waiting before being shipped in my country.
Hello! The steering wheel with the left buttons can control the new multimedia...
Isn't it possible that your cable is badly connected to you?

·
Registered
Rio 5 Door 2018
7 Posts
Hello! The steering wheel with the left buttons can control the new multimedia...
Isn't it possible that your cable is badly connected to you?
I have triple check and made sure the connector is seated properly. not sure if got the wrong version as i am seeing 2 versions of audio control button. please see attached pic: (got the 2nd pic)

also not sure if both have the same wiring

·
Registered
2018 KIA Rio (YB)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hello!

My car steering wheel sound control buttons are connected to the multimedia unit only on one wire.
(The *.png picture, VOICE SIG OUT wire.)

The buttons are controlled by an analog resistor splitter.
So there is no separate wire for each button.

In the multimedia settings you need to program which function you want to activate.
But it works perfectly...

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2018 YB 1.25 manual, Kia Sportage 2019 1.6 AT
4 Posts

buy original multimedia but it's not work fully( it's always give error that engine not started, also usb not supported native. My prev was the same like in original post, look like pins different

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2018 YB 1.25 manual, Kia Sportage 2019 1.6 AT
4 Posts
couldn't find service manual for our car. But already fix problem with usb + remove error that engine not started

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio Sedan
2 Posts
Hello!
I'm back again. Multimedia installation succeeded.
However, the USB connector on the dashboard does not work now. That's why I need to name the factory radio harness connector feet. Can anyone help me with this? The numbers shown in the picture are the feet of the original radio connector.

Thank you...
Hi, may i know what brand and model did you install on your rio? I am planning to replace also my stock radio but kinda worried about the wiring connections. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio
1 Posts
View attachment 113504

buy original multimedia but it's not work fully( it's always give error that engine not started, also usb not supported native. My prev was the same like in original post, look like pins different
ho
couldn't find service manual for our car. But already fix problem with usb + remove error that engine not started
how did you fixed this issues? I want to do the same, buy the multimedia receiver

1 - 20 of 24 Posts