Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Cerato 1.6L 6AT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I got myself a 2018 Cerato and i have scratched the edge of the hood while trying to lift the wiper arm.

This was done several times as I washed the car and now the bare metal can be seen.
Is this hood made of aluminum or steel? Because I’m really scared of rust.

thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Cerato RHD
4 Posts
Its steel.

If you have a traditional key:
To lift the wipers, you need to put your key in the ignition and turn to ON for about 3 seconds, then turn to off, and then quickly push up on the wiper stalk until they start moving. They should move and stop at the upwards position allowing you to lift the wiper without scratching your bonnet.

I would put something over the scratches too. Even if its just clear nail polish.

·
Registered
Cerato BD sport+ Hatch 2020 my21
1 Posts
Hi guys.
I got myself a 2018 Cerato and i have scratched the edge of the hood while trying to lift the wiper arm.

This was done several times as I washed the car and now the bare metal can be seen.
Is this hood made of aluminum or steel? Because I’m really scared of rust.

thanks.
Get some touch up paint from your local auto shop, the paint code should be on a sticker inside one of the front doors, It's not that expensive and comes in handy for stone chips etc. I put some paint on a match and dab it on that way, followed a few hours later with some polish. Can't see them with the naked eye.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts